- Vendors to shift away more orders from BYD
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to growth over 18% in 2H16
- GCL-Poly to acquire SunEdision technology, factory assets
- Acer, Asustek to release 18-inch and larger gaming notebooks
- SSD adoption in notebooks to top 50% in 2018, says DRAMeXchange
- TOK steps up investment in Taiwan
- Demand set to boom for iris- and face-recognition chips for smartphones
- BYD 1H16 net profit hikes over 384%
- Kingston becomes largest shareholder of OSE
- TSMC orders equipment for NT$21.3 billion
- EU cancels MIP status of Neo Solar Power, Motech China subsidiaries, say reports
- OLED unlikely to replace LCD, says Innolux chairman
- Formosa Sun Energy wins EPC contract for setting up 4MWp rooftop PV systems in southern Taiwan
- Jinko Solar is top China PV module maker in 1H16
- Zhen Ding expects sales rebound in August
- CPT order visibility extends through end of 2016
- Microwave device maker UMT looks to brisk sales in 3Q16
- E Ink sees strong shipments for smart e-paper labels
- Glass substrates in tight supply in 3Q16, says Corning Taiwan president
- Google to use renewable energy in Taiwan datacenter
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic expected to remain largest automotive Li battery maker, steps into LED automotive lighting
- Former HTC CEO to attend Tokyo Game Show
- China market: Coolpad looks to make a turnaround, says paper
- Digitimes Research: Worldwide tablet shipments drop to 40 million units in 2Q16
- Notebook panels to be in tight supply in 2H16, says paper
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...