- TSMC to spend US$2.2 billion on R&D in 2016, says co-CEO
- Digitimes Research: Wi-SUN widely used in Japan, but internationalization faces problems
- Sony to see increased LCD TV shipments in 2016
- ASE, SPIL halt trading pending release of material information
- Taiwan market: Samsung launches new Galaxy J7 and J5 smartphones
- AUO presents AMOLED technology at SID Display Week 2016
- Lattice pASSPs to enter production in August
- Taiwan market: Smartphone sales slow down in April
- Global solar wafer demand, prices to fall in 2H16, says GCL-Poly Energy CEO
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone shipments set to decline in 2Q16
- Foxconn receiving more short lead-time orders, performance to be even better in 3Q16, says chairman
- E Ink Holdings unveils color e-paper display
- ITRI unveils UV-C LED chopsticks sanitizer
- NSP to shut down PV module factory in Taiwan
- GIS expects MegaSite to take up over 50% of 2016 consolidated revenues
- Asustek, Dell beef up competitiveness with MSI for gaming notebooks
- Ardentec expects higher capacity utilization in 2Q16
- Testing company CHPT 2Q16 revenues to rise 15%
- Poly-Si solar wafers to remain competitive over next 5 years, says GCL-Poly Energy CTO
- Abnormal cost hinders China PV development, says Trina Solar chairman
- First-tier vendors cautious about China-based players launching notebooks and 2-in-1 devices in May-July
- MSI expected to ship 21 million motherboards/graphics cards in 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to grow 11.3% sequentially in 2Q16
- China firm proposes to buy Aixtron
- Only top-2 motherboard players do not suffer from on-year decline in 1H16 shipments
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...