- China-based IC design houses land fingerprint sensor orders from China handset vendors
- New Wintel platforms may impact 4Q14 PC demand
- Quanta Changshu plants preparing for Apple Watch mass production
- Windows 10 expected to have limited effect on boosting notebook demand
- Tablet demand slows as competition from notebooks and smartphones increases, says DisplaySearch
- Leadframe maker Jih Lin expects to post EPS of NT$3 in 2014
- Leadtek unveils wearable device for healthcare
- Large-size panel shipments to surpass 600 million in 2015, says report
- BLU makers Forhouse, BriView complete merger
- Japan Patent Office to cut examination process to five months
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom to launch NFC mobile payment services
- Percentage of 5.5-inch smartphone panels shipped to China increasing
- Touch panel makers see shipments for thin-film touch panels increase
- Grid-scale energy storage systems launched in 2013-2014 total more than 360MW, says Navigant
- Digitimes Research: China 4G smartphone demand fails to surge; CoolPad, Lenovo, Xiaomi unlikely to achieve 2014 targets
- Latin America and Caribbean region to install 9GW of solar PV within 5 years, says Solarbuzz
- China-based foundry house XMC ties up with Spansion to develop 3D NAND flash chips
- TSMC, ARM announce silicon validation of ARM Cortex CPUs on 16nm FinFET process
- Neo Solar subsidiary sells PV power-generating stations to Chailease
- China PV module makers set tough terms for Taiwan cell makers
- IC design houses to ramp up rapid charge controller ICs
- Taiwan solar cell makers adopt mixed price adjustments
- Digitimes Research: No mid-range digital cameras priced at US$300-400 launched globally in 3Q14
- China telecom subsidy changes spur declines in smartphone display prices, says DisplaySearch
- Samsung to host Tizen developer conference in China
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...