- 3 Nov 2016:Apple wins surprising patent for a future bendable or foldable iPhone using advanced carbon nanotube structures (Nov 1) - Patently AppleApple's granted patent 9,485,862 was filed in Q3 2014 and published today by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- 14 Sep 2016:T-Mobile CEO John Legere said iPhone 7 preorders hit record levels, totaling almost four times more that the prior record holder, the iPhone 6 in 2014.
- 25 Apr 2016:Decline in iPhone shipments could make Apple worst-performing top-5 smartphone brand of 2016 (Apr 24) - Mac RumorsApple's global iPhone shipments will fall short of analysts' consensus estimates of 210 to 230 million units in the 2016 fiscal year, according to a new research note issued by respected KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a worst case scenario, iPhone shipments in 2016 are expected to reach just 190 million units, which is an 18% reduction in shipment growth and 3 million fewer iPhones than Apple sold in 2014.
- 11 Mar 2016:After announcing in 2014 it would bring an industrial 3D printer to market within two years, HP went mostly silent -- until now.
- 16 Feb 2016:Vaio, the personal computer maker spun off from Sony Corp. in 2014, is closing in on a three-way merger with rivals to create a producer that can dominate Japan and weather a shrinking global PC market.
- 22 Jan 2016:
- 19 Nov 2015:US chipmakers are cutting back "sharply" on spending, according to fresh analysis from Citigroup. Spending by semiconductor companies is expected to fall 19.8% this year from 2014, when it dropped a modest 0.9%.
- 12 Nov 2015:So far this year, chip companies have announced $100.6 billion in mergers and acquisitions, according to Dealogic, exceeding the $37.7 billion total for all of 2014.
- 7 Aug 2015:SanDisk has reached agreement with SK Hynix to modify and extend their intellectual property licensing relationship and enter into a multi-year commercial relationship under which SK Hynix will supply its DRAM products to SanDisk. These agreements include a settlement of the trade secret misappropriation suit filed by SanDisk in 2014.
- 21 Jul 2015:The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) was founded in March 2014 to bring together the organizations and technologies necessary to accelerate growth of the Industrial Internet by identifying, assembling, and promoting best practices.
- 15 Jun 2015:Demand for semiconductors continued to weaken in the second quarter with some PC assemblers in Asia suggesting a decline in purchases of some parts of as much as 15-20% from the second quarter of 2014, according to a report from Wall Street analysts at Deutsche Bank.
- 7 Apr 2015:China launched the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in October of 2014 and has met with nothing but opposition from the US. Officially, the objection cited by the US is a lack of clarity about AIIB's governance, as well as concerns about whether the AIIB will adhere to strict environmental and labor standards in its operations.
- 17 Mar 2015:China overtook Germany, France and the UK in exporting weapons between 2010 and 2014, said the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- 29 Jan 2015:Samsung has announced the first full-year revenue decline at its mobile division since 2006 - a 21% fall - analysts barely mentioned that business. They focused instead on the semiconductor arm.
- 27 Jan 2015:Korean businesses invested US$3.97 billion in China, up almost 30 percent compared to 2013 and the most since 2006, according to the Korea International Trade Association on Sunday.
- 25 Jan 2015:Growth in Asia's fourth largest economy, South Korea, fell to a six year low in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- 13 Jan 2015:Among the top winners of US patents in 2014, Google cracked the top 10 for the first time, hitting No. 8 with 2,566 patents, up a whopping 38.6% from last year. Archrival Apple won 2,003 patents, up 12.8% to 11th place, just 92 patents behind Panasonic, which fell for the second consecutive year.
- 12 Jan 2015:Growth in vehicle sales in the world's largest car market, China, halved last year as the country's economic expansion slowed.
- 29 Dec 2014:Samsung Electronics plans to invest KRW13.5 trillion (US$12 billion) in semiconductor facilities next year, up from the KRW13 trillion spent in 2014.
- 30 Nov 2014:Samsung Electronics' semiconductor sales are expected to jump 15.6% on year in 2014, closing the gap with industry leader Intel, a global market tracker said Sunday.
- 25 Nov 2014:RF Micro Devices (RFMD) and TriQuint Semiconductor have set Wednesday, December 31, 2014, as the anticipated closing date for the transaction.
- 8 Nov 2014:Korean manufacturers' smartphone exports dropped by 35.5% year-on-year in October 2014 due to the release of Apple's iPhone 6 and a rapid sales decline in China and the ASEAN region.
- 5 Nov 2014:Samsung was replaced by the iPhone maker as No. 1 in China's mobile sector this year, according to the China Brand Research Center's 2014 China Brand Power Index ranking report released Tuesday.
- 23 Oct 2014:
- 18 Jun 2014:
- 13 Jun 2014:
- 21 Mar 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:Intel is expecting its next Atom tablet chip, code-named Cherry Trail, to be in devices by the end of 2014, the company said this week.
- 17 Feb 2014:Samsung Electronics Co said a memory chip plant being built in China will start operations as planned in the first half of 2014 and the company will remain flexible about further investment in the factory.
- 13 Feb 2014:2014 will be the year that wearables become a key consumer technology, as the smart band segment is estimated to reach 8 million annual shipments. Canalys estimates that this number will grow to over 23 million units by 2015, and over 45 million by 2017.
- 12 Feb 2014:The company's comments feel at once like a hedge against the possibility that Apple may release a watch in 2014, and also like an attempt to prove it can keep up with its Android rivals Samsung and LG.
- 22 Jan 2014:2013 was supposed to be the year in which Samsung blew away the smartphone competition. It wasn't. Now, 2014 looks to be a soul-searching year for the Korean tech giant.
- AMD on Tuesday said it will be sampling 64-bit ARM system-on-a-chip (SoC) products to customers this quarter and is "on track to launch one of the industry's first 64-bit ARM server SoCs in 2014."
- 20 Jan 2014:The slow pace of change in the flash-manufacturing industry means that prices of SSDs will likely hold steady compared to 2013, but price hikes could be in the offing.
- 10 Jan 2014:Intel will add support for DDR4 memory to its high-end computers in the third quarter of 2014, sources familiar with the company's plans said.
- 9 Jan 2014:MediaTek is demonstrating its first LTE modem platform in its booth at CES 2014 located inside the Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas.
- 7 Jan 2014:A major theme at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this year will be wearable technology - especially gadgets that track fitness levels.
- 3 Jan 2014:
- Samsung Electronics saw billions of dollars wiped off its market cap in the first hours of 2014 trading after investors bucked on concerns that the company's profit growth could slow in the new year.
- 24 Dec 2013:
- Digitimes Research: December 7W LED light bulb prices in China market fall
- Digitimes Research: SAE TIR J2954 paves way for commercializing PHEV/EV wireless power transfer
- Digitimes Research: Global production value for high-brightness LED chips to reach US$13.179 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments drop 4.8% in 2016
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...