- 18 Jun 2014:
- 13 Jun 2014:
- 21 Mar 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:Intel is expecting its next Atom tablet chip, code-named Cherry Trail, to be in devices by the end of 2014, the company said this week.
- 17 Feb 2014:Samsung Electronics Co said a memory chip plant being built in China will start operations as planned in the first half of 2014 and the company will remain flexible about further investment in the factory.
- 13 Feb 2014:2014 will be the year that wearables become a key consumer technology, as the smart band segment is estimated to reach 8 million annual shipments. Canalys estimates that this number will grow to over 23 million units by 2015, and over 45 million by 2017.
- 12 Feb 2014:The company's comments feel at once like a hedge against the possibility that Apple may release a watch in 2014, and also like an attempt to prove it can keep up with its Android rivals Samsung and LG.
- 22 Jan 2014:2013 was supposed to be the year in which Samsung blew away the smartphone competition. It wasn't. Now, 2014 looks to be a soul-searching year for the Korean tech giant.
- AMD on Tuesday said it will be sampling 64-bit ARM system-on-a-chip (SoC) products to customers this quarter and is "on track to launch one of the industry's first 64-bit ARM server SoCs in 2014."
- 20 Jan 2014:The slow pace of change in the flash-manufacturing industry means that prices of SSDs will likely hold steady compared to 2013, but price hikes could be in the offing.
- 10 Jan 2014:Intel will add support for DDR4 memory to its high-end computers in the third quarter of 2014, sources familiar with the company's plans said.
- 9 Jan 2014:MediaTek is demonstrating its first LTE modem platform in its booth at CES 2014 located inside the Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas.
- 7 Jan 2014:A major theme at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this year will be wearable technology - especially gadgets that track fitness levels.
- 3 Jan 2014:
- Samsung Electronics saw billions of dollars wiped off its market cap in the first hours of 2014 trading after investors bucked on concerns that the company's profit growth could slow in the new year.
- 24 Dec 2013:
- 23 Dec 2013:As part of the agreement, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available from China Mobile's expansive network of retail stores as well as Apple retail stores across mainland China beginning on Friday, January 17, 2014.
- 18 Dec 2013:Just as its predecessors did, the LPDDR4 specification is aiming to double its data rates while slashing power consumption in half, but first publication of the spec by JEDEC won't be until 2014.
- SK Hynix plans to build a new factory in South Korea to meet the growing demand for mobile devices, according to two people familiar with the matter.
- 3 Dec 2013:The handset maker is working on a 20-megapixel camera it'll bundle into mobile devices in the second half of 2014.
- 18 Nov 2013:ZTE, the Chinese mobile device maker, will begin selling smart watches in the first quarter of 2014, signalling that the nascent market for wearable connected devices is already becoming crowded with lower-priced alternatives.
- German semiconductor maker Infineon Technologies has reported higher revenues in the fourth fiscal quarter and forecast an increase in revenues for fiscal 2014.
- 24 Oct 2013:
- 17 Oct 2013:ASML said it sees first-half sales in 2014 at similar levels to the second half of this year - which would translate into sales of about EUR3.12 billion if the company meets its full-year sales forecast of EUR5.2 billion in 2013.
- 14 Oct 2013:
- 2 Sep 2013:Imagination Technologies will release a new CPU design in 2014 for low-power servers.
- 12 Aug 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:A Taiwan government venture capital fund will sell more than 170 million shares in TSMC in 2014 to help fund Taiwan's budget, a source with direct knowledge of the sale said on Thursday.
- 29 Jul 2013:
- 11 Jul 2013:ARM chipmakers TSMC and Globalfoundries plan to release ARM processor chips capable of running at 3GHz sometime in 2014.
- 21 Jun 2013:Markets plunged as Ben Bernanke, Fed chairman, said it would be "appropriate to moderate the monthly pace of purchases later this year" as long as the economy grows as expected.
- 19 Jun 2013:AMD plans to sample its first ARM-based processors for servers early next year, alongside paired CPUs and integrated graphics cores in an attempt to oust Intel's Xeon from its dominance in the server market.
- 12 Apr 2013:
- 12 Mar 2013:Fab equipment spending for front-end facilities is expected to be flat in 2013, remaining around US$31.7 billion, increasing to US$39.3 billion in 2014 - a 24% increase.
- 19 Feb 2013:
- 22 Dec 2012:Industrial conglomerate Siemens will cut an additional 1,100 jobs at its energy sector in Germany by 2014, a spokesman said Thursday.
- 26 Jun 2012:Sony has announced plans to invest in Sony Semiconductor's Nagasaki Technology Center from the first half of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 through the first half of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, to increase the production capacity for stacked CMOS image sensors.
- 24 May 2012:Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1Gb-8Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4Xnm technology today, 3Xnm technology by end of 2012 and 2Xnm in 2014.
- 20 Jan 2012:ARM hopes for a serious impact on the server market starting in 2014 when its 64-bit processor design reaches the market, CEO Warren East said.
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- EverFocus will exhibit at Security Essen 2014 for showcasing the brand new solutions
- Photoimageable coverlay: A new FPCB non-rigid material that enhances hole-plugging with no glue overflow and 0.025mm alignment accuracy
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...