- 3 Dec 2014:
- 2 Dec 2014:The next generation of Google Glass may have new guts, according to The Wall Street Journal (subscription required), which expects a deal between Google and Intel.
- 13 Oct 2014:
- 15 Jul 2014:
- 11 Jul 2014:
- 25 Jun 2014:
- 5 Jun 2014:
- 3 Jan 2014:
- 18 Dec 2013:Google Glass has announced updates to the software in its internet-linked eyewear to allow users to snap pictures by winking.
- 25 Nov 2013:
- 12 Nov 2013:Apple is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, said a person familiar with the plans.
- 5 Nov 2013:
- 25 Oct 2013:Samsung has been awarded a Korean patent for a smart headset the company is calling "Sports Glasses."
- 2 Sep 2013:
- 13 Aug 2013:
- 10 Jul 2013:Samsung has revealed it hopes computers sewn into clothing could help take on Google's Glass and Apple's much-rumoured iWatch.
- 22 May 2013:Tianma and Corning will display these panels in their respective booths at the Society for Information Display's Display Week from May 21-23.
- 27 Mar 2013:
- 12 Mar 2013:
- 26 Feb 2013:
- 18 Feb 2013:Corning's strategy calls for growth primarily through global innovation across a balanced product portfolio.
- 1 Feb 2013:
- 22 Jan 2013:
- 9 Jul 2012:
- 29 May 2012:
- 5 Apr 2012:
- 23 Mar 2012:Corning has announced that the company's board of directors is expected to elect David L Morse as executive vice president and chief technology officer at its meeting on April 26, 2012. His appointment will be effective May 1, at which time he will also become a member of Corning's management committee.
- 6 Feb 2012:Corning, Samsung Corning Precision Materials and the AMLCD division of Samsung Electronics have renewed, for five more years, the two main agreements for their businesses.
- 3 Feb 2012:The owner of the glass manufacturer Pilkington, Nippon Sheet Glass (NSG), says it will close one of its three UK production lines as it cuts costs.
- 5 Oct 2011:Global Market for LCD Glass Substrates to Cross 467.2 Million Square Meters by 2017 (October 5) - PRW.comThe global market for LCD glass substrates is projected to cross 467.2 million square meters by the year 2017, primarily driven by rising penetration of LCD TVs and the growing demand for large size displays.
- 7 Sep 2011:...In the end, it is a glass half-full or glass half-empty situation? Is the process a dog compared to past processes? Sure. Is it doing things no one else can? Sure.
- 28 Jul 2011:Corning Inc lowered its global forecast for the glass market and warned that manufacturers including Sony Corp and Samsung are cutting their TV sales forecasts as fewer consumers are expected to buy their sets this holiday, sending shares down nearly 7%.
- 16 Feb 2011:
- 28 Jan 2011:
- 28 Dec 2010:
- 14 Oct 2010:A Glass Lewis release said: "Micron Technology's performance has steadily deteriorated during the past three years, culminating in a US$1.8 billion loss in 2009 and a return on equity of negative 33.9%, one of the lowest among the companies appearing on our Overpaid 25 list." Micron has not had a good return from its investment in Appleton based on these figures.
- 25 May 2010:Corning to unveil next-generation G-2000 green laser technology at SID Display Week 2010 (May 24) - Company releaseCorning will introduce its new Corning G-2000 green laser at the Display Week 2010 conference, held by the Society for Information Display (SID), in Seattle, Washington, May 23-28. The G-2000 green laser demonstrates the industry's highest commercially available performance in optical power, efficiency, and bandwidth, the company said. As a result, it is well suited to meet the demands of the growing market for portable microprojection devices.
- 23 Apr 2010:
- 11 Mar 2010:Konica Minolta has decided to enhance its production capacity of glass substrates of hard disk drives (HDDs) by adding production line in response to a rapid growth in demand and the accelerated increase in storage density.
- 4 Mar 2010:Corning has announced that its Gorilla glass was selected as the protective cover glass for the docomo Prime series N-02B by NEC. NEC, a mobile phone leader in the Japanese market, is offering this touch phone with a 3.2-inch display.
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- Knowles Corporation celebrates 40th anniversary in Taiwan, showcasing multiple innovative solutions
- Advantest announces newest handler for testing advanced memory ICs
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad shipments to drop to 55 million units in 2015
- GamerGate block list bad for business as game devs, journalists and fried chicken linked to online harassment
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...