- 17 Aug 2015:
- 14 Aug 2015:
- 30 Jun 2015:Shares of chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) are up 7 cents, or 3%, at $2.41, after PC and gaming gear enthusiast site KitGuru this afternoon said the company is attracting buyout interest from Microsoft.
- 16 Jun 2015:
- 13 Mar 2015:
- 6 Mar 2015:
- 30 Dec 2014:
- 1 Sep 2014:
- 25 Jul 2014:
- 18 Jun 2014:
- 21 May 2014:
- 14 Mar 2014:
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD was profitable for the second consecutive quarter, thanks in large part to the success of the gaming consoles from Microsoft and Sony that are powered by the vendor's chips.
- 17 Jan 2014:Japanese gaming giant Nintendo has issued a profit warning amid weaker-than-expected Wii U console sales.
- 23 Aug 2013:
- 5 Aug 2013:
- 13 Jun 2013:
- 7 Jun 2013:
- 9 May 2013:
- 8 Apr 2013:
- 2 Apr 2013:
- 28 Mar 2013:
- 21 Feb 2013:
- 20 Jun 2012:Spansion has unveiled what it claims is the industry's first human machine interface (HMI) coprocessor that enables voice-controlled system interfaces. Leveraging Nuance Communications' voice technology, the new product is ideal for voice recognition systems in automotive, gaming and consumer electronics, significantly improving response time and accuracy over conventional voice interfaces by supporting larger acoustic databases.
- 7 Mar 2012:
- 30 Jan 2012:"We delivered a solid fourth quarter amid challenging market conditions," said company president and CEO John Kispert. "2011 was a year of transition and intense product development. Spansion is now well-positioned for growth in the future in areas such as automotive, industrial, communications and gaming..."
- 30 Nov 2011:The Black Friday glad tidings from consumer electronics makers continued on Tuesday, with Sony announcing a big rise in US sales and Microsoft reporting a record week for its Xbox 360 console and Kinect controller. The news followed Nintendo's announcement on Monday of receord sales of its Wii and 3DS gaming machines.
- 2 Nov 2011:An open-source hardware group on Monday announced a US$89 credit-card sized motherboard based on an ARM processor that could be used for robotics, gaming and medical devices.
- 4 Oct 2011:PlayJam has partnered with one of the most successful casual games developers Slingo, to exclusively deliver an exciting combination of Bingo and Slots to Smart TV via their global gaming platform.
- 26 Jul 2011:Texas Instruments sounded a warning for the holiday season as it reported lacklustre activity from manufacturers in computing and consumer electronics, including TVs and gaming machines.
- 10 Jun 2011:The acquisition will give RIM access to Scoreloop's developer toolkit for building cross-platform social mobile games. Scoreloop said it will continue to build toolkits for other platforms but that the experience would be better on a RIM device.
- 18 May 2011:Spansion has entered production of its 1Gb and 512Mb GL NOR flash memory for automotive, consumer electronics, gaming and telnet applications.
- 29 Apr 2011:
- 21 Apr 2011:
- 22 Feb 2011:
- 17 Feb 2011:Just as tablets with dual-core processors start to hit shelves, chip makers are now shipping samples of quad-core chips that could make the devices even faster. Nevertheless, quad-core chips could be overkill as use of all cores could drain battery quickly...
- 11 Nov 2010:Motorola accused Microsoft of infringing 16 patents with its Xbox gaming console and in Windows for servers, PCs, and mobile devices, the company said.
- 17 Sep 2010:
- 10 Sep 2010:
- 9 Sep 2010:
- LitePoint integrates flexible PA/FEM testing in one chassis
- 'Smart IoT Testing for Wireless Future' – An enlightenment on IoT testing technologies, innovative applications, and new thinking
- Thunder: Custom and Big Data analysis layout solution
- IoT of tomorrow can change mankind
- Advantest joins with Malaysian OSAT Fabtronic and government group to establish first shared-services lab in Southeast Asia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...