- 2 Aug 2016:Tesla's offer represented about half of SolarCity's value a year ago, a tumble reflecting the solar company's slowing growth, complex financial structure and the increased scrutiny of government incentives for rooftop solar.
- 22 Jun 2016:
- 26 Feb 2016:Panasonic will cut 50 jobs in April at a factory that makes solar ingots in Oregon amid slowing demand for photovoltaic panels in Japan.
- 30 Nov 2015:Subsidaries of China-based polysilicon and PV module manufacturer LDK Solar have been forced into bankruptcy proceedings in China only shortly after the parent company, formerly listed in the US, exited bankruptcy proceedings of its own.
- 20 Jul 2015:
- 5 Dec 2014:The fashionista is selling a solar-powered jacket so that you can keep your phone charged ... assuming, of course, that the sun is shining.
- 28 Jul 2014:China warns US solar anti-dumping duties will damage trade relations (Jul 28) - International Bussiness TimesChina has condemned the US move to impose sky-high anti-dumping duties on solar imports, saying the action would strain the trade relations between the countries further.
- 25 Jul 2014:Sharp is pulling out of its Italian solar venture, the Japanese company's last overseas panel manufacturing plant, in a further reorganization of its solar business.
- 13 May 2014:Shares in Japanese electronics maker Sharp rose as much as 7.7% to 279 yen on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Tuesday after it swung back to profit.
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:Amtech Systems, a supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, has received approximately US$10 million in new solar orders.
- Deal will make TSMC Solar's 'CIGS' modules available across North America.
- 18 Dec 2013:Electronics giant Sharp is ceasing solar panel production at its Wrexham factory with the loss of hundreds of jobs.
- 21 Nov 2013:Plans for a 1km (3,280ft) inflatable solar chimney have been outlined by a leading balloon specialist.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 14 Aug 2013:The commitment of solar panel manufacturers to good environmental practices may be fading as intense competition causes some companies to pare costs and others to go out of business, according to an industry watchdog.
- Yingli Green Energy Australia has entered into a sales framework agreement with L&H Solar + Solutions, a subsidiary of L&H Group, the largest electrical wholesaler in Australia and New Zealand.
- Foxconn Technology Group, best known for assembling Apple's iPhones, will decide by year-end whether to branch off into unconventional new territory: making solar panels in China.
- 17 Jul 2013:BYD has recently rolled out the new HTC One for HTC, the Ascend P6 for Huawei, the Lumia 1020 for Nokia and the Galaxy S4 mini for Samsung, media reports said.
- 10 Jul 2013:Germany-based Conergy and Gehrlicher Solar filed for insolvency in the past week, while Hawaii-based Hoku also filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Chinese solar manufacturers are still trying to sell panels at the lowest prices and have failed to adapt to an industry seeking more efficient components, said SunPower CEO Tom Werner.
- 5 Jul 2013:Panasonic will close a solar panel manufacturing plant in Hungary to consolidate production in Malaysia and Japan.
- 2 Jul 2013:Apple, working with Nevada utility NV Energy, is planning to build another solar panel farm next to a data center, and this time it's for its new data center in Reno, Nevada.
- The plant may be built in Tomakomai city, Hokkaido, Miyuki Nakayama, a Sharp spokeswoman, said by phone today.
- 26 Mar 2013:Digitimes Research: South Korea sets 2013 new solar installation target at 230MW (Mar 20) - Solar PlazaIn the beginning of 2012, the South Korea government adopted the Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) policy. Due to falling prices of related equipment, firms have been participating eagerly. South Korea-based industry sources estimate that the PV system installation goal of 220MW was 70% achieved...
- 30 Aug 2012:China's solar industry hopes that German Chancellor Angela Merkel's visit to Beijing on Thursday will help resolve disputes which may severely harm bilateral trade ties.
- 20 Aug 2012:
- 16 Aug 2012:
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 24 Jul 2012:
- The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has unveiled a solar plant it says can power 3,300 homes a year.
- 11 Jul 2012:
- Spansion serial flash powers graphic displays for Infineon development system (July 10) - Company releaseInfineon Technologies has selected Spansion's FL-serial flash memory to provide a high-performance, quad I/O SPI data storage solution for its Hexagon Development Kit System. The Hexagon kit, a modular, expandable platform built around the XMC4000 microcontroller, provides engineers a fast method to prototype industrial applications such as motor control, industrial automation or any kind of power conversion like solar inverters.
- 10 Jul 2012:
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 4 Jul 2012:
- 27 Jun 2012:
- 21 Jun 2012:The Toshiba Corporation has announced that it will commence the construction of PV plants totaling 100MW in Minami Soma on the battered northeastern coastline where a tsunami and an earthquake caused the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl a year ago.
- Orbotech presents new, innovative digital production solutions at TPCA 2016
- Microsoft IoT Expo 2016 builds partnership and seeks service-oriented and touched applications
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Microsoft bridging IoT innovation to seek new growth drivers for Taiwan
- Industry 4.0-based network manager ensures solid industrial connectivity
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...