- 30 Mar 2017:Intel says that when its long-delayed 10-nanometer Cannon Lake chips finally arrive, they'll be a "full generation ahead" of rivals Samsung and TMSC, thanks to "hyper scaling" that squeezes in twice as many transistors.
- 29 Mar 2017:
- 27 Mar 2017:Intel warns partners: Expect tight SSD supply through 2017, with shipment priority on data center SSDs (Mar 24) - CRNIntel is warning its channel partners that demand for SSDs is expected to outstrip supply for all of 2017, forcing the company to prioritize its production for data center SSDs over lower-cost consumer SSDs.
- 24 Mar 2017:
- 23 Mar 2017:
- 21 Mar 2017:Intel has announced the first Optane-branded product using its new 3D XPoint memory: the catchily named Intel Optane SSD DC P4800X.
- 16 Mar 2017:
- 14 Mar 2017:
- 13 Mar 2017:Intel is extending its technology roadmap as cost and complexity increase with advanced nodes. Steve Mullane, a BlueFin Research Partners analyst, said that Intel's 10nm process could be delayed two to three months.
- 10 Mar 2017:Microsoft is committing to use chips based on ARM Holdings technology in the machines that run its cloud services, potentially imperiling Intel's longtime dominance in the profitable market for data-center processors.
- 3 Mar 2017:We are hearing that Intel is still struggling with defect/yield issues with this advanced process for High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) release and have not locked down the complete process of records (PORs) to date. While the production ramp target at Fab 28 is 2H17, there are concerns that this ramp could be delayed by 2-3 months.
- 28 Feb 2017:Intel split the Cyclone 10 into the performance-oriented GX and low-power optimized LP series. The GX series uses TSMC's 20nm process and is geared for a number of uses in the industrial, automotive, and broadcast markets. These include machine vision, robotics, infotainment, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, and audiovisual applications.
- 24 Feb 2017:
- 23 Feb 2017:Intel's modems aren't as good as Qualcomm's, but the company scored a major victory last year when some of its modems began shipping in some models of Apple's iPhone 7.
- 16 Feb 2017:
- For what Intel's data center chief Diane Bryant called the upcoming "10nm+" node, as well as the 7nm manufacturing node to follow, Intel's data center chips will be first on those lines.
- 15 Feb 2017:Intel's Atom C2000 processor family has a fault that effectively bricks devices, costing the company a significant amount of money to correct. But the semiconductor giant won't disclose precisely how many chips are affected nor which products are at risk.
- 14 Feb 2017:Intel's 8th-gen 'Coffee Lake' chips reuse 14nm process as other Core CPUs ease into new tech (Feb 13) - PC WorldWhen Intel added a third 14nm chip 2015, signalling the end of the company's vaunted "tick-tock" manufacturing process, the industry freaked out. A fourth, then, would be absolutely unprecedented.
- 13 Feb 2017:
- 9 Feb 2017:Intel chief executive Brian Krzanich met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday, where the company announced it will invest $7 billion in a factory employing up to 3,000 people.
- 8 Feb 2017:
- 7 Feb 2017:
- 2 Feb 2017:Apple is designing a new chip for future Mac laptops that would take on more of the functionality currently handled by Intel processors, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Intel's next big Moore's Law advance will be a 7nm pilot plant it is establishing this year to explore the upcoming manufacturing process.
- For the coming year, Intel said that revenues would be flat on 2016, in part due to the sale of its security business, but with earnings returning to growth, up from $2.12 a share last year to $2.53 in 2017.
- 26 Jan 2017:
- 12 Jan 2017:
- 10 Jan 2017:
- 6 Jan 2017:After being the first to reach 22nm then subsequently 14nm FinFET, Intel's chip development pace has slowed considerably for the move to 10nm with many losing confidence in Intel's ability to maintain a chip manufacturing advantage over competitors such as TSMC, Samsung, and Globalfoundries.
- 5 Jan 2017:Intel announced a new modem chip for smartphones using faster 5G technologies as it seeks to outpace rival Qualcomm in the battle for next generation mobile gear.
- 4 Jan 2017:
- Transistors on Intel's 10nm generation will still be denser than those on today's 14nm chips-as well as other companies' 10nm offerings, said Intel senior fellow Mark Bohr.
- 30 Dec 2016:
- 29 Dec 2016:Intel aims to gain the upper hand in the budding field of artificial intelligence with a new lineup of chip products in 2017, a senior executive said.
- 15 Dec 2016:
- 9 Dec 2016:After more than half a decade in the making, ARM server chips should have struck gold by now, but they haven't. ARM servers were projected to be approaching a double-digit server market share, but they still are virtually non-existent.
- 8 Dec 2016:
- 6 Dec 2016:Northland Capital Markets's Tom Sepenzis today urges investors to "buy on the dip" Qualcomm's shares, which he rates Outperform, with a $75 price target.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...