- 23 Sep 2016:
- Apple investigating iPhone 7 bug causing 'no service' after turning off Airplane Mode (Sep 19) - Mac RumorsIn a video shared with MacRumors by reader Yasser El-Haggan, an iPhone 7 can be seen with no service alongside an iPhone 6s with two bars of LTE after Airplane Mode is toggled off on both devices. Both of the iPhones are said to be AT&T models, which means the iPhone 7 has an Intel modem rather than a Qualcomm modem used for Verizon and Sprint models.
- 22 Sep 2016:
- 20 Sep 2016:
- 19 Sep 2016:It is Apple, not AMD, that threatens Intel's hegemony
- iPhone 7 teardowns: Big Taptic Engine, Intel modems, waterproofing, and more (Sep 17) - Ars TechnicaIntel appears to be dual-sourcing modems from both Intel and Qualcomm (which has historically provided all modems for all iPhones)-the iFixit iPhone is all-Qualcomm, while Chipworks' teardown includes an Intel part.
- 13 Sep 2016:
- 8 Sep 2016:
- 6 Sep 2016:
- The chip giant's first 7nm products may not arrive until 2021, with substantially improved new products based on the technology in 2022.
- 1 Sep 2016:
- 29 Aug 2016:Intel's recent pledge to expand its business making chips for others highlights its ambition to snatch chip orders for Apple's popular iPhones from Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. as early as 2018, industry experts said.
- Phase change memory has a lot to recommend it as a long-term replacement for DRAM - it's fast, it can retain data for long periods of time, and Intel's Optane/3DXPoint is thought to be partially based on phase change memory technology.
- 25 Aug 2016:Few companies enjoy the kind of dominance Intel does in chips for the computers found in data centers. But competitors keep trying to pry open its server stronghold, with IBM the latest to brandish a new tool.
- 21 Aug 2016:Specifications for DDR5 memory will be released this year, and deployment of the DRAM will begin in 2020, according to a slide deck presented at the Intel Developer Forum this week.
- 18 Aug 2016:TSMC now has all of Apple?˜s foundry business but is seen behind Intel on the more advanced 10nm processors.
- 17 Aug 2016:
- 10 Aug 2016:Intel has announced plans to pay an undisclosed amount for Nervana Systems, a 48-employee company working on semiconductors, software and services to exploit a popular AI technique called deep learning.
- 4 Aug 2016:
- The recall impacts Basis Peak watches manufactured from August 2014 to July 2015, which were sold from November 2014 until June 2016.
- 3 Aug 2016:
- 1 Aug 2016:
- 30 Jul 2016:
- 29 Jul 2016:We note that Intel has been building new capacity at Dalian - it could be cheaper for Intel to buy NAND capacity from Micron than to invest in expanding new capacity at Dalian.
- 26 Jul 2016:An acquirer from China or Intel Corp., which has a joint venture with Micron, would be the most likely buyers, analysts said.
- At Computex last month, Asustek showed Transformer 3, which resembles Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet and runs on Kaby Lake.
- 21 Jul 2016:
- Qualcomm's second-quarter results show the chipmaker is overcoming hurdles in China, while rival Intel faces fresh headwinds in servers -- the key to its profit.
- 15 Jul 2016:
- 14 Jul 2016:
- 12 Jul 2016:
- Financial research firm Cowen and Company believes Intel will supply Apple with 50% or more of the LTE modems needed for "iPhone 7," a win that could generate some $1.5 billion in incremental revenue over the next year for the chipmaker.
- 7 Jul 2016:
- 5 Jul 2016:
- 2 Jul 2016:BMW AG, Intel and Mobileye are working to develop autonomous-car technology, said people familiar with the matter.
- 27 Jun 2016:Intel is looking at options for Intel Security, including potentially selling the antivirus software maker formerly known as McAfee which it bought for $7.7bn almost six years ago.
- 17 Jun 2016:
- 16 Jun 2016:
- 14 Jun 2016:
- 5G Asia 2016 breakfast briefing hosted by F5
- JJPLUS leads the way in creating a new wireless charging ecosystem
- ABB to divest cable business to NKT Cables
- Smart mobile video systems for police patrol cars, a state-of-the-art technology
- OEM servers featuring Aptio V UEFI firmware support for Diablo technologies' Memory1 module shipping now
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...