- 15 Apr 2015:Apple's plans for an iPhone with DSLR-quality camera all but confirmed with LinX acquisition (April 15) - Tech Spot (USE The Tech Spot)Apple has purchased LinX Computational Imaging Ltd., an Israeli-based firm that specializes in depth-sensing camera technology.
- 10 Apr 2015:
- 6 Apr 2015:Samsung Electronics may end up saving arch nemesis Apple about $533 million. That's how much Apple was told to pay after a jury in February said its iTunes service infringed patents owned by Texas licensing firm Smartflash.
- 2 Apr 2015:
- 31 Mar 2015:
- 25 Mar 2015:TSMC will snatch more orders for Apple's A9 processor at the expense of Samsung, which is having yield problems with its most advanced technology node, according to sources interviewed by EE Times.
- 18 Mar 2015:
- 17 Mar 2015:
- 13 Mar 2015:
- 11 Mar 2015:Swatch co-inventor: Apple will succeed and an ice age is coming for Swiss watches (Mar 10) - BloombergApple may soon sell as many timepieces as all of Switzerland, threatening the country's four-century-old industry, the co-inventor of the Swatch predicted.
- 10 Mar 2015:
- 5 Mar 2015:
- 4 Mar 2015:Judge says US$415 million settlement in Silicon Valley hiring case is 'substantial' (Mar 3) - PC WorldA judge has approved a US$415 million settlement in a Silicon Valley employee hiring case, calling the amount "substantial" to settle claims that Apple, Google, Adobe Systems and Intel conspired not to hire each other's workers.
- 26 Feb 2015:A Texas jury ordered Apple to pay $533 million for improperly using another company's patented technology in iTunes.
- Cisco, Apple, McAfee and Citrix have all been dropped from China's official list of approved products. The change means the companies' products are no longer on a list used by government departments to equip offices and data centres.
- 17 Feb 2015:
- 6 Feb 2015:Apple trying 'very hard' to nab Tesla engineers as van sightings proliferate (Feb 5) - Apple InsiderAccording to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Apple has made a major push to recruit talent from the electric carmaker, offering massive bonuses and significant salary bumps for those willing to come to work in Cupertino.
- 5 Feb 2015:Nvidia newest Samsung foundry customer for 14nm process, after Apple and Qualcomm (Feb 4) - Tom's Hardware GuideThe faster time to market for Samsung's 14nm process as well as potentially slightly bigger performance or power consumption benefits on TSMC's 16nm process must have convinced Apple that it's worth going back to Samsung.
- 28 Jan 2015:During Apple's quarterly conference call on Tuesday, CEO Tim Cook said Apple Watch development is on track and expects to launch the device in April, coming in just under the company's "early 2015" promise.
- 27 Jan 2015:Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
- 23 Jan 2015:
- 22 Jan 2015:
- 21 Jan 2015:Steve Jobs shunned trips to Washington, D.C., during his tenure as Apple CEO, but Tim Cook has been a frequent visitor to Capitol Hill to personally amp up Apple's lobbying efforts, which have more than doubled since 2009.
- 16 Jan 2015:
- Lee Don-tae, former co-president of UK design consulting firm Tangerine, founded by Apple's Jony Ive, has been hired by Samsung Electronics as its new head of global design.
- 14 Jan 2015:
- Four Silicon Valley companies including Apple and Google have agreed to a new settlement that would resolve an antitrust class action lawsuit by tech workers, who accused the firms of conspiring to avoid poaching each other's employees.
- 13 Jan 2015:Among the top winners of US patents in 2014, Google cracked the top 10 for the first time, hitting No. 8 with 2,566 patents, up a whopping 38.6% from last year. Archrival Apple won 2,003 patents, up 12.8% to 11th place, just 92 patents behind Panasonic, which fell for the second consecutive year.
- 12 Jan 2015:Cheap Chinese Apple Watch copycat appears at CES, less than 4 months after Apple unveiling (Jan 9) - Apple InsiderBefore the Apple Watch hits the market early this year, a Chinese company was at this week's CES selling a knock-off version of the highly anticipated wearable for less than one-tenth of the price.
- 9 Jan 2015:
- 5 Jan 2015:
- 31 Dec 2014:
- 30 Dec 2014:The settlement of China's anti-trust probe into Qualcomm is likely to intensify global scrutiny of the firm's highly profitable patent licensing business, and may even call into question its worldwide contracts with smartphone makers such as Apple and Samsung.
- 19 Dec 2014:
- Poor treatment of workers in Chinese factories which make Apple products has been discovered by an undercover BBC Panorama investigation.
- Technology giant Apple says it cannot sell products online in Russia because the rouble's value is too volatile for it to set prices.
- 16 Dec 2014:A story that Apple tried for three weeks to suppress is now part of the public record.
- 12 Dec 2014:
- 8 Dec 2014:
- Connected Cars Drive ITS and New Services Boom
- LILIN is presenting the latest IR IP PTZ at Secutech Taipei 2015
- Improving performance using Antaira's management features
- Epistar promotes Co-activation Service, adopts DoB with HV chips to win over lighting brands
- Indium Corporation releases BiAgX solder paste technology as drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...