- 6 Dec 2013:
- 5 Dec 2013:"Our latest checks for the 20nm technology production levels at TSMC are weaker than expectations and are projected to reach only 5,000 wpm by year-end," say BlueFin Research Partners anaylsts.
- 28 Nov 2013:A software engineer formally involved in the development of the Siri voice assistant at Apple has joined Samsung's new talking internet of things initiative.
- 26 Nov 2013:Apple has agreed to acquire PrimeSense, the maker of motion-tracking chip technology that was used in Microsoft's Kinect game console.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- A Silicon Valley jury has ruled that Samsung must pay US$290m to Apple for copying iPhone and iPad features in its devices.
- For years, technologies like Apple's Siri and Google's Google Now have been flying blind, awoken by the spoken command of their users. If Apple acquires PrimeSense, perceptual computing may finally open its eyes.
- Apple came in at No. 46 on the European Union's R&D spending report released this week, which ranked the top 2,000 global companies.
- 21 Nov 2013:US market: Nokia becomes 4th largest smartphone brand in 3Q13, says Counterpoint (November 1) - Company releaseDuring Q3 2013, Nokia became the fourth largest smartphone brand capturing a record high 4% market share in a market which is a virtual duopoly dominated by Apple & Samsung, according to Counterpoint Research.
- 19 Nov 2013:
- 13 Nov 2013:Sources close to the situation said the deal that appears to be taking shape looks more like this: Samsung will use Globalfoundries for what is known as "flex capacity." This is a long-standing industry practice under which a chip manufacturer pays to occasionally use another company's factories when demand on their own factory is running higher than they would like, and they need a little help.
- 12 Nov 2013:Apple is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, said a person familiar with the plans.
- GlobalFoundries is preparing to make chips for Apple's iPhone and iPad at its Fab 8 complex in Malta, according to a source close to the company.
- 11 Nov 2013:The semiconductor industry is in a standoff over the next big thing - 3D chip stacks. Someone needs to blink before the technology will be viable for creating the next generation of high-performance, low-power systems.
- 6 Nov 2013:GT Advanced Technologies signs multi-year sapphire materials agreement With Apple (Nov 4) - Company releaseGTAT will own and operate ASF furnaces and related equipment to produce the materials at an Apple facility in Arizona.
- 28 Oct 2013:
- A Qualcomm executive has been given a new role after making critical comments about Apple's 64-bit A7 chip.
- 25 Oct 2013:Tesla has hired Doug Field, Apple's hardware engineering chief for the Mac line-up of notebooks and desktops, the automotive giant announced Thursday.
- 24 Oct 2013:
- 21 Oct 2013:
- 18 Oct 2013:Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo said Apple Inc's iPhone 5C "undersold expectations" in the third quarter, while its pricier iPhone 5S was in short supply.
- SanDisk more than tripled its quarterly profit, beating analysts' estimates, after a fire at a rival chipmaker increased prices at a time when Apple and other users of its flash memory chips were launching new products.
- 15 Oct 2013:Apple announced Tuesday that it hired Angela Ahrendts, the chief executive of Burberry, the British luxury fashion company, as a member of its executive team.
- Shopping for a laptop or portable computer these days feels a lot like shopping for a toothbrush. There's an inexhaustible variety of sizes, colors and shapes. There are Windows tablets, Windows tablets that become laptops and then just your average Windows laptops. There's the iPad and then a massive selection of Android tablets. There's also Apple's family of MacBooks.
- BlackBerry announced last month that it plans to lay off a shocking 40% of its global workforce by the end of 2013. The first round of cuts began this week, with 300 employees let go.
- 8 Oct 2013:
- 7 Oct 2013:
- 4 Oct 2013:
- 30 Sep 2013:
- 24 Sep 2013:Apple has sold nine million of its new iPhone models in three days.
- 23 Sep 2013:
- Apple is preparing to ship iPhones to China Mobile, people familiar with the matter say, an arrangement that would significantly increase Apple's distribution in the world's biggest smartphone market.
- 18 Sep 2013:
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 16 Sep 2013:
- 10 Sep 2013:
- Apple's innovation problem is real. And it's unlikely to silence the critics if it simply unveils multi-colored iPhones on Tuesday.
- Taiwan Open Architecture Machine Tools Rise Up for Industry 4.0 Opportunity
- EverFocus launches new mobile mini vandal-proof IR dome camera
- Indium8.9HF1-P delivers high first pass yields for in-circuit testing
- EverFocus announces their upgraded version of Award-winning IP Speed Dome
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...