- 19 Dec 2014:
- Poor treatment of workers in Chinese factories which make Apple products has been discovered by an undercover BBC Panorama investigation.
- Technology giant Apple says it cannot sell products online in Russia because the rouble's value is too volatile for it to set prices.
- 16 Dec 2014:A story that Apple tried for three weeks to suppress is now part of the public record.
- 12 Dec 2014:
- 8 Dec 2014:
- 2 Dec 2014:
- 28 Nov 2014:
- 26 Nov 2014:
- 25 Nov 2014:
- 21 Nov 2014:
- 20 Nov 2014:Apple is planning to push its Beats streaming music service to every iPhone in the new year, according to a report in the Financial Times newspaper.
- 19 Nov 2014:Korea Times claims Samsung will be lead supplier for next year's A-series chips (Nov 17) - 9to5Mac.comKorea Times is claiming that a deal has been struck with Apple for Samsung to supply 80% of the chips for next year's iPhones and iPads, with TSMC picking up the balance of orders.
- 14 Nov 2014:
- 13 Nov 2014:A California judge has ruled that a former iPhone user can sue Apple for damages after she found that she would no longer be able to receive Apple iMessage text messages once she switched from an iPhone 4 to an Android smartphone.
- 12 Nov 2014:
- 11 Nov 2014:
- 10 Nov 2014:According to industry sources, Apple has decided to discontinue its use of triple-level cell (TLC) NAND, since the company believes that the functional defects plaguing the 64GB iPhone 6 and the 128GB iPhone 6+ stem from a problem in the controller IC of the TLC NAND flash. The controller IC in question is reportedly made by SSD maker Anobit, which was sold to Apple in 2011.
- 8 Nov 2014:Worldwide smartphone shipments increase 25.2% in 3Q14 with heightened competition and growth beyond Samsung and Apple, Says IDC (Oct 29) - IDCNew smartphone releases and an increased emphasis on emerging markets drove global smartphone shipments above 300 million units for the second consecutive quarter.
- Korean manufacturers' smartphone exports dropped by 35.5% year-on-year in October 2014 due to the release of Apple's iPhone 6 and a rapid sales decline in China and the ASEAN region.
- GT Advanced COO: Apple told us 'put on your big boy pants and accept the agreement' (Nov 7) - Mac RumorsApple and GT Advanced fought to keep key documents related to their sapphire agreement out of the public eye after the latter company filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection, but earlier this week, a judge ruled that the documents did not contain trade secrets or confidential information, and would thus be largely unsealed.
- 7 Nov 2014:
- 5 Nov 2014:Samsung was replaced by the iPhone maker as No. 1 in China's mobile sector this year, according to the China Brand Research Center's 2014 China Brand Power Index ranking report released Tuesday.
- GT Advanced Technologies has announced a multi-year, US$578 million contract with Apple to supply advanced sapphire material.
- 3 Nov 2014:Samsung is expected to start producing application processors (APs) for clients such as Apple, Qualcomm, and AMD, using its 14-nanometre process around the end of the year.
- 31 Oct 2014:Tim Cook's declaration on Thursday that "I'm proud to be gay" made him the first publicly gay chief executive of a Fortune 500 company.
- 30 Oct 2014:
- 28 Oct 2014:
- 20 Oct 2014:
- 14 Oct 2014:
- 13 Oct 2014:
- 9 Oct 2014:
- 6 Oct 2014:
- 30 Sep 2014:The iPhone 6 will be sold in China from Oct 17, after rigorous regulator scrutiny led to Apple reassuring the Chinese government that the smartphones did not have security "backdoors" through which US agencies can access users' data.
- 26 Sep 2014:
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Taiwan ICT manufactures at CeBIT 2015
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Sub-US$300 15.6-inch Chromebooks to fuel notebook competition in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: GoPro to further integrate social media and platform services into 2015 products
- Digitimes Research: AMOLED offers competitive wearable displays
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...