- 13 Mar 2014:
- 11 Mar 2014:
- 5 Mar 2014:Oppenheimer has overseen a period of massive growth at the iPhone maker.
- 4 Mar 2014:Chipmaker Avago Technologies said it expects current-quarter sales to decline 3-6% from the first quarter as it lost revenue from a smartphone maker, which analysts said could be Apple.
- 24 Feb 2014:Qualcomm has leaped ahead of Apple in 64-bit mobile chip development with its first eight-core Snapdragon 615 chip for mobile devices, which has integrated LTE and 4K video rendering capabilities.
- Samsung has released two updated versions of its Gear smartwatch featuring slimmer designs and heart rate sensors beating Apple to the release of a health-tracking smartwatch.
- Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth claims that Apple has acquired a large supply of sapphire displays, possibly alluding to displays with sapphire material that would be used on a future Apple iPhone.
- 19 Feb 2014:The upcoming Tesla Model X could inherit some iOS goodness courtesy of a partnership with Apple.
- 14 Feb 2014:According to people familiar with Apple's plans, the company has made the decision to ramp down iPad 2 production given that customers are resoundingly shifting purchases towards its more modern and capable iPads, namely the iPad mini and iPad Air.
- 12 Feb 2014:The company's comments feel at once like a hedge against the possibility that Apple may release a watch in 2014, and also like an attempt to prove it can keep up with its Android rivals Samsung and LG.
- Sony has entered negotiations with Apple to double its supply of camera components for a new iPhone slated to roll out as early as next year.
- 6 Feb 2014:Under the terms of the licensing arrangement, Imagination will receive on-going license fees, and royalty revenues on shipment of SoCs (Systems on Chip) incorporating Imagination's IP.
- 17 Jan 2014:Apple will refund customers at least US$32.5m after a settlement with the US Federal Trade Commission. The refund agreement settles long-standing complaints over in-app purchases made by children without their parents' consent.
- 7 Jan 2014:
- Sony is planning a range of products using "modular" wearable technology with lifestyle tracking applications, as part of a push to make the Japanese group the third-largest smartphone maker in the world after Apple and Samsung.
- 3 Jan 2014:
- 27 Dec 2013:
- 24 Dec 2013:
- 23 Dec 2013:As part of the agreement, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available from China Mobile's expansive network of retail stores as well as Apple retail stores across mainland China beginning on Friday, January 17, 2014.
- 18 Dec 2013:
- 17 Dec 2013:Earlier this year, after Apple released the first 64-bit chip for smartphones, a Qualcomm spokesperson claimed the A7 processor was a "marketing gimmick" and that there is "zero benefit" to the consumer from the chip. Those comments were later walked back before the executive who made them was reassigned.
- 16 Dec 2013:In the ongoing battle between mobile technology titans Samsung and Apple, the California-based company recorded a triumphant victory in its South Korean rival's backyard this week.
- 6 Dec 2013:
- 5 Dec 2013:"Our latest checks for the 20nm technology production levels at TSMC are weaker than expectations and are projected to reach only 5,000 wpm by year-end," say BlueFin Research Partners anaylsts.
- 28 Nov 2013:A software engineer formally involved in the development of the Siri voice assistant at Apple has joined Samsung's new talking internet of things initiative.
- 26 Nov 2013:Apple has agreed to acquire PrimeSense, the maker of motion-tracking chip technology that was used in Microsoft's Kinect game console.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- A Silicon Valley jury has ruled that Samsung must pay US$290m to Apple for copying iPhone and iPad features in its devices.
- For years, technologies like Apple's Siri and Google's Google Now have been flying blind, awoken by the spoken command of their users. If Apple acquires PrimeSense, perceptual computing may finally open its eyes.
- Apple came in at No. 46 on the European Union's R&D spending report released this week, which ranked the top 2,000 global companies.
- 21 Nov 2013:US market: Nokia becomes 4th largest smartphone brand in 3Q13, says Counterpoint (November 1) - Company releaseDuring Q3 2013, Nokia became the fourth largest smartphone brand capturing a record high 4% market share in a market which is a virtual duopoly dominated by Apple & Samsung, according to Counterpoint Research.
- 19 Nov 2013:
- 13 Nov 2013:Sources close to the situation said the deal that appears to be taking shape looks more like this: Samsung will use Globalfoundries for what is known as "flex capacity." This is a long-standing industry practice under which a chip manufacturer pays to occasionally use another company's factories when demand on their own factory is running higher than they would like, and they need a little help.
- 12 Nov 2013:Apple is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, said a person familiar with the plans.
- GlobalFoundries is preparing to make chips for Apple's iPhone and iPad at its Fab 8 complex in Malta, according to a source close to the company.
- 11 Nov 2013:The semiconductor industry is in a standoff over the next big thing - 3D chip stacks. Someone needs to blink before the technology will be viable for creating the next generation of high-performance, low-power systems.
- WD tiered portfolio of hard drives helps storage solutions providers address big data
- MSI introduces all new gaming products at CeBIT 2014
- EverFocus showcasing integration at Secutech 2014
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The developments of the security solutions market in Greater China: Q&A with EverFocus product marketing manager Tony Lin
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...