- 24 Apr 2017:
- 19 Apr 2017:Those anxiously awaiting the redesigned iPhone, however, may have to wait because supply constraints could mean the device isn't readily available until one or two months after the typical fall introduction.
- 14 Apr 2017:
- 13 Apr 2017:Follow the current and you see signs of other activity within the Apple supply chain core. Credit Suisse this morning warns that Synaptics may also be at risk as its biggest client moves component design in house.
- 12 Apr 2017:A recent report out of Japan says three of tech's biggest and most prominent companies are interested in bidding on Toshiba's memory chip business. Can this be true?
- Dialog Semiconductor's shares plunged the most in more than 16 years after an analyst warned that Apple probably will cut back on the use of the company's power-management chips.
- 11 Apr 2017:
- 7 Apr 2017:
- 6 Apr 2017:
- 5 Apr 2017:Apple Vs. Imagination Technologies: Unexpected, uncertain and uniquely Apple? (Apr 4) - Seeking AlphaImagination Technologies was forced to issue an announcement on Apple's intention to stop using its GPU tech in the next 15-24 months. With over 50% of Imagination Technologies' revenue coming from Apple alone, its share price understandably collapsed 70%.
- 29 Mar 2017:Chinese ride-sharing giant Didi Chuxing is weighing whether to take a $6 billion investment backed by SoftBank Group that could dilute existing backers such as Apple, people familiar with the matter say.
- 28 Mar 2017:When translated from Mandarin, Apple's China retail website for the Red devices simply read as "now in red" while the Taiwanese site used the words "product" Red which the US and other countries have as well.
- 27 Mar 2017:A ban that threatened to stop the sale of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus phones in China has been overturned after a court ruled in favour of Apple in a patent dispute.
- 23 Mar 2017:
- 21 Mar 2017:Apple's iPhone 8 smartphone will include a 3D-sensing module to enable augmented-reality applications, Rosenblatt Securities recently said. Rosenblatt Securities named Austria's AMS AG as a likely supplier of 3D sensors to Apple.
- 15 Mar 2017:Apple has been found guilty of price-fixing in Russia, after the country's anti-monopoly agency said the US company had arranged for retailers to co-ordinate the prices of its iPhone models.?
- 14 Mar 2017:
- 10 Mar 2017:
- 8 Mar 2017:There's a lot of pressure on Apple's next iPhone to deliver, both in product quality and sales.
- 3 Mar 2017:
- Apple's next-generation 3D iPhone camera could 'reinvent the user experience' (Feb 24) - Business InsiderApple is developing a new camera with "3D sensing and modeling capabilities" that could "reinvent the user experience" to be included in a redesigned iPhone expected to launch later this year, according to new research from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo seen by Business Insider.
- 23 Feb 2017:Intel's modems aren't as good as Qualcomm's, but the company scored a major victory last year when some of its modems began shipping in some models of Apple's iPhone 7.
- 18 Feb 2017:Apple has teamed up with Broadcom to build wireless charging for iPhone, says JPMorgan analyst (Feb 17) - CNBCAn upcoming Apple iPhone is likely to have a customized wireless charging system made with Broadcom, according to JPMorgan analyst Harlan Sur.
- Apple will in the coming months start assembling its lower-priced iPhone SE models at a contract manufacturer's plant in the southern Indian technology hub of Bengaluru, an industry source with direct knowledge of the matter said on Friday.
- 17 Feb 2017:Apple's widely expected 5.8-inch iPhone with an edge-to-edge OLED display will feature a front-facing 3D laser scanner for facial recognition, corroborating previous rumors, according to JPMorgan analyst Rod Hall.
- 15 Feb 2017:This amended complaint also expands the accused products to include the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which use Intel's PMB5750 transceiver chip, which is based on Intel's SMARTi architecture.
- Apple patents screen tech capable of reading fingerprints without dedicated sensor (Feb 14) - Apple InsiderAn Apple patent grant on Tuesday suggests the company is looking to leverage its LuxVue acquisition to integrate display technology capable of reading a user's fingerprint without a dedicated sensor, a design feature rumored to see release with "iPhone 8."
- Apple is in discussions with China's BOE Technology to supply next-generation displays for future iPhones, a key component that's being provided by a Samsung Electronics unit, people familiar with the matter said.
- 13 Feb 2017:
- Apple may have paid Qualcomm approx. $40 per iPhone, accounted for third of Qualcomm's revenues (Feb 10) - Foss PatentsIf Qualcomm sold its baseband processors at approx. $20 per unit and collected or demanded royalties from Apple amounting to more or less the same amount, that would correspond to $40 per iPhone (or cellular iPad).
- 8 Feb 2017:Apple finally broke 60% share threshold in Japan smartphone market during Q4 2016, posting yet another record market share in this country, mostly driven by the robust sales of the new flagships iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- John Solomon, hired by Apple to sell its products to big businesses and government, has left his position, the company said on Tuesday.
- 7 Feb 2017:
- 6 Feb 2017:After months of negotiations, Apple is set to start manufacturing iPhones in the Indian tech hub Bangalore, said Priyank Kharge, the state's information technology minister.
- 2 Feb 2017:"Apple would not exist without immigration, let alone thrive and innovate the way we do," Cook said.
- Apple is designing a new chip for future Mac laptops that would take on more of the functionality currently handled by Intel processors, according to people familiar with the matter.
- 26 Jan 2017:Apple is nearing a deal to manufacture its products in India, according to a senior government official, as the company seeks to boost its sales in a market that is home to more than 1.2 billion people.
- 24 Jan 2017:The core of the new attack from Apple and the FTC is aimed at Qualcomm's practice of charging royalties based on a device's total value, as opposed to just the value of the mobile chips inside the device.
- 23 Jan 2017:Apple has sued Qualcomm accusing it of monopolizing the market for chips for wireless devices and withholding $1 billion in retaliation for cooperating with South Korean antitrust authorities.
- Advantest to showcase ATE Solutions at SEMICON Southeast Asia, April 25-27 in Penang
- Innodisk's latest SSD hits the sweet spot
- Microtips pioneers wireless charging platform development to jointly create an industry ecosystem
- Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Microtips focuses on continuing revenue growth rather than rapid expansion
- QSAN Launches QCache 2.0 for XCubeSAN
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Taiwan market: Paypal enhances service by disabling domestic payment processing
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
As part of Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen's five-plus-two innovative industries initiative, Taiwan is...
The global reaction to the aggressive investment strategy adopted by China-based Tsinghua Unigroup...
AMD has been aggressively looking to expand its presence in the PC market. It has released its new...
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...