- 20 Oct 2016:
- 18 Oct 2016:
- 14 Oct 2016:Apple poaching GPU designer Imagination Technologies' talent, hiring key personnel away (Oct 13) - Apple InsiderFollowing Apple's decision to not pursue an acquisition of mobile GPU developer Imagination Technologies, at least 25 staffers and management personnel have jumped ship to Apple in the last few months.
- 12 Oct 2016:Apple will set up a research and development center in China's manufacturing metropolis Shenzhen, the US tech giant said on Wednesday, as the firm looks to spur growth in the world's second largest economy amid growing competition.
- 7 Oct 2016:Samsung is turning its attention to personal assistants-the company has acquired Viv Labs, a startup founded by Dag Kittlaus, Adam Cheyer, and Chris Brigham, all of whom were part of the original Siri team that Apple bought in 2010.
- 5 Oct 2016:
- 4 Oct 2016:
- 30 Sep 2016:Apple is in negotiations with Sharp to secure organic LED displays for the iPhone maker's next-generation of devices, a person familiar with the matter said.
- 29 Sep 2016:
- 28 Sep 2016:First they came for the bulky 30-pin docking connector. Then the 3.5mm headphone jack was removed from the iPhone. What will Apple remove next? A newly granted patent published today by the US Patent and Trademark Office offers another clue. In a bid to reduce the physical imperfections on the iPhone's external design, Apple could drop the lightning port.
- Aetna will give some customers and employees discounts on Apple's smartwatch, offering the potential that incentives from the insurance industry could boost sales of the technology giant's wearable device.
- 23 Sep 2016:Apple investigating iPhone 7 bug causing 'no service' after turning off Airplane Mode (Sep 19) - Mac RumorsIn a video shared with MacRumors by reader Yasser El-Haggan, an iPhone 7 can be seen with no service alongside an iPhone 6s with two bars of LTE after Airplane Mode is toggled off on both devices. Both of the iPhones are said to be AT&T models, which means the iPhone 7 has an Intel modem rather than a Qualcomm modem used for Verizon and Sprint models.
- 22 Sep 2016:Japan government may divest Japan Display stake if its technology is commoditized, says industry minister (Sep 20) - NASDAQ.comJapan's industry minister said the government would consider divesting its stake in a money-losing maker of smartphone displays unless the company can demonstrate it is more than just a commodity supplier to Apple.
- 19 Sep 2016:It is Apple, not AMD, that threatens Intel's hegemony
- 13 Sep 2016:
- 8 Sep 2016:Apple was the only vendor among the market leaders to post a year-over-year decrease in shipment volumes, primarily because it did not launch a new model on the anniversary of its first generation Watch.
- Apple's products announced today pack at least three new chips including its first wireless SoC to date, showing the company's increasing silicon prowess.
- 6 Sep 2016:In its rush to beat rival products to market, notably Apple's new iPhone, Samsung Electronics has accelerated new phone launch cycles, but its haste is raising concerns that it fell short on quality testing.
- With the help of Apple's iPhone 7 ramp and a big increase in the amount of revenue the company will get from each iPhone, Broadcom's results and guidance were a little better than analysts forecast.
- 5 Sep 2016:Apple Watch 2 components show 'noticeably thinner' display, expected battery boost (Sep 1) - 9to5Mac.comWe're expecting to see Apple introduce the Apple Watch 2 alongside the iPhone 7 at next week's September 7 event, and now alleged components from the updated watch are finally starting to leak.
- 4 Sep 2016:Samsung is replacing all 2.5m units that it has shipped of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone just weeks after its release, because to a spate of exploding batteries.
- 30 Aug 2016:Apple has been sued by owners of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones who say a design defect causes the phones' touchscreens to become unresponsive, making them unusable
- 29 Aug 2016:Apple could never recreate the success of the iPhone. But it doesn't need to (Jul 30) - The GuardianWith so many iPhones in use, the combination of replacement sales, adjunct sales (such as its Watch, which currently needs an iPhone to function) and services - its newest focus - has enough momentum to keep Apple profitable.
- Apple invents sapphire coating equipment to strengthen glass for future OLED displays (Aug 26) - Patently AppleThe US Patent and Trademark Office has published a patent application from Apple titled "Electronic Devices with Sapphire-Coated Substrates." The invention is designed to add a sapphire coating to future OLED displays like those that will begin shipping in 2017 and beyond.
- Apple's iOS devices like iPhones and iPads crashed twice as often in the second quarter compared to the previous one, new data shows.
- Intel's recent pledge to expand its business making chips for others highlights its ambition to snatch chip orders for Apple's popular iPhones from Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. as early as 2018, industry experts said.
- 28 Aug 2016:Apple may need to contend with a supply shortage of the soon-to-be-released new model of its iPhone during the first round of the rollout, due to problems with faulty components, the Nikkei Asian Review has learned.
- 24 Aug 2016:After the unprecedented breach of hacking tools and exploits stolen from the US National Security Agency's elite hacking unit, some privacy advocates see it as clear vindication of Apple in its fight with the FBI earlier this year.
- Apple accounted for 75% of the smartphone industry's profits in the second quarter, but that's down from more than 90% a year ago due to Samsung's Galaxy device lineup, according to Canaccord Genuity.
- One way Apple will aim to keep the "iPhone 7" competitive is the addition of new fast-charge technology, according to one rumor.
- 18 Aug 2016:
- 16 Aug 2016:Apple's 'iPhone 7 Plus' predicted to face supply constraints due to new dual-lens camera (Aug 5) - Mac RumorsAmit Daryanani of RBC Capital Markets issued a note to investors this week, a copy of which was provided to AppleInsider, discussing features widely rumored for Apple's upcoming "iPhone 7" series. Thanks to growing demand for larger "phablet" screens, he predicts that the "iPhone 7 Plus" will account for one-third of production at launch.
- 11 Aug 2016:Given Apple's focus on pushing the performance of its silicon, and TSMC's packaging advancements, it makes sense that TSMC has been able to gain sole possession of Apple's chip orders for at least this generation.
- 10 Aug 2016:RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani sees pressure on prices for suppliers, and thinks companies that have something of a "monopoly" should survive this better than others, in particular Broadcom and Analog Devices.
- Russia is investigating Apple over allegations of fixing prices for the iPhone in the country.
- 3 Aug 2016:
- 1 Aug 2016:Apple was awarded a patent in May for several new methods for using biometric technology. Most importantly, the patent enabled Apple to embed the Touch ID fingerprint sensor directly into the screen and use ultrasound imaging to help the fingerprint sensor find a match.
- 26 Jul 2016:
- Microsoft bridging IoT innovation to seek new growth drivers for Taiwan
- Industry 4.0-based network manager ensures solid industrial connectivity
- G.fast IOP, a first in a Carrier Network environment; Swisscom makes it a reality that meets their network requirements
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- VATek's modulator has been used on the world's first DTV transmitter crowdfunding project on Kickstarter
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...