- 20 Nov 2015:Apple acknowledges iPad Pro screen blackouts, offers no immediate word of upcoming fix (Nov 19) - Apple InsiderApple on Thursday posted a new support document on its website, responding to complaints about iPad Pros suddenly going black and refusing to accept touch or button input.
- 17 Nov 2015:Goldman estimates TSMC's Apple InFO business would take away only 2% of ASE's sales.
- 13 Nov 2015:
- 12 Nov 2015:
- 10 Nov 2015:One of the greatest risks to Apple's iPhone and iPad sales is its ability to secure enough DRAM (at a reasonable cost) when the inevitable shortage occurs in the future.
- 6 Nov 2015:
- 2 Nov 2015:Samsung Electronic's earnings are heading in the right direction for the first time in nearly two years thanks to its semiconductor and display businesses.
- 26 Oct 2015:In what may be another sign that Apple is getting serious about cars, the company has hired Jonathan Cohen, the director of deep learning for chip-maker Nvidia. Nvidia is best-known for its graphics products used for computer games, but it has recently been pushing into the world of autonomous vehicles.
- 19 Oct 2015:
- Intel now has a thousand people or more working to outfit a 2016 iPhone with its lauded 7360 LTE modem chip, sources say. If all goes well, Intel may end up providing both the modem and the fabrication for a new Apple system on a chip.
- The investment firm has lowered its estimates for the component suppliers to Apple, in the wake of disappointing feedback regarding iPhone 6s sales from carrier surveys.
- 16 Oct 2015:Apple appears to be facing a fight over up to $400 million now that a jury has ruled it infringed on a patent owned by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 14 Oct 2015:The University of Wisconsin successfully claimed that Apple used its microchip technology without permission in some iPhones and iPads.
- 13 Oct 2015:
- 12 Oct 2015:The big risk to Apple is that dual sourcing A9s in this fashion makes that task all the harder, which is one of the reasons why SoCs are rarely dual sourced.
- 8 Oct 2015:Following the launch of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus last month, it was discovered that Apple is dual sourcing the A9 chip for the new devices from both TSMC and Samsung, with the chips from the two companies measuring at slightly different sizes due to different processes used in manufacturing the chips.
- 1 Oct 2015:Apple today announced it has sold more than 13 million new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models, a new record, just three days after launch.
- 30 Sep 2015:Despite a late start in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing's 16 nm FinFET process, TSMC appears to have captured up to a third of chip production for Apple's latest iPhones.
- 28 Sep 2015:Apple A9 chip cores in iPhone 6s and 6s Plus deliver a processor punch to Samsung, Qualcomm (Sep 25) - Apple InsiderPreliminary testing of Apple's latest A-series mobile Application Processor shows that it brings a big jump in general CPU performance over last year's already speedy A8. It also advances Apple's lead in proprietary ARM core design performance over Samsung and Qualcomm.
- 24 Sep 2015:
- 22 Sep 2015:
- 21 Sep 2015:Samsung could be forced to stop selling some phones after Apple won an appeal in a US court.
- 18 Sep 2015:
- 16 Sep 2015:Imagination Technologies, the British company that supplies graphics technology to Apple, forecast a surprise loss for its first half after the semiconductor market turned weaker in the June quarter.
- 15 Sep 2015:A strategic tie-up with Hon Hai could help SPIL land some Apple business.
- 11 Sep 2015:
- 10 Sep 2015:
- 8 Sep 2015:The first mobile phone manufacturer to take advantage of Google's Android software, HTC was once a strong player in the market, but in the past several years has steadily lost ground to competitors Samsung, Apple and, more recently, efficient Chinese manufacturers such as Xiaomi and Huawei.
- 4 Sep 2015:
- 3 Sep 2015:
- 17 Aug 2015:Apple is building a self-driving car in Silicon Valley, and is scouting for secure locations in the San Francisco Bay area to test it. Documents show the oft-rumoured Apple car project appears to be further along than many suspected.
- 13 Aug 2015:
- Jeff Sheley, a Northland analyst, wrote: "We now believe that Intel will capture roughly 50% of Apple's modem business in the upcoming iPhones due to launch September 9th."
- 12 Aug 2015:Apple is a company that's accustomed to being loved by its customers. Carriers, on the other hand, are companies consumers love to hate.
- 7 Aug 2015:
- 4 Aug 2015:
- 31 Jul 2015:For Skyworks Solutions, the Apple iPhone may well be the gift that keeps on giving. After getting a nice piece of the Apple iPhone 6 business, the analog chipmaker is poised to tap into more gains from Apple, which is expected to refresh the current-generation iPhone 6 sometime this fall.
- 27 Jul 2015:
- 23 Jul 2015:
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- CAYIN Enters Video Wall Battle Field with the Launch of SMP-8000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...