- 22 May 2016:Nomura's Chris Chang thinks Sony is now behind schedule, which means that Apple will have to go to LG Innotek for assembly.
- 19 May 2016:For investors in Taiwan's $841 billion stock market, Tim Cook matters more than Tsai Ing-wen. "Any negative from Tsai can easily be washed out if the iPhone 7 does well," said JPMorgan.
- 18 May 2016:Apple staffing up on wireless charging experts, including former uBeam engineers (May 17) - The VergeIn the last four months two former uBeam engineers with expertise in wireless charging and ultrasonic technology had been hired by Apple.
- 17 May 2016:Mr Buffett, who has traditionally shied away from tech stocks, is known for buying "value stocks", so it is being seen as significant for Apple.
- 16 May 2016:Analyst Steve Mullane of BlueFin Research Partners said that TSMC is "planning to double the production starts" of Intel's XMM 7360 LTE modem in the current quarter. The analyst says that this "correlates with the timing of the Apple A10 processor production ramp in preparation for the iPhone 7 launch in September.
- The investment looks misguided and suggests that Carl Icahn was right to sell all his Apple stock over concerns about the company's prospects in China.
- 10 May 2016:IPhone supplier Imagination Technologies has jumped nearly 13% following news that a Chinese state-backed business has taken a 3% stake in the chip designer.
- 9 May 2016:Apple has killed off support for WebObjects, a now outdated program that once helped companies dynamically and instantly build new websites using information that customers entered online.
- The company, which completed its nearly $12 billion acquisition of Freescale last year, told investors it expects to outperform its peers until 2019 by growing at a compound annual rate of between 5% and 7%.
- 4 May 2016:Apple for months has been rumoured to be working on a new iPhone that will have no 3.5mm headphone jack. The company has been said to remove the 3.5mm jack from the iPhone 7 models and replace it with a Lightning port in order to make the smartphone slimmer. A new leaked image however tips that iPhone 7 will include a 3.5mm jack after all.
- 29 Apr 2016:
- 26 Apr 2016:
- 25 Apr 2016:Apple loves to brag about sales figures for all of its devices except one - the Apple Watch. When to comes to this device, Apple executives all clam up, claiming that to divulge sales figures for this device would somehow give its competitors some valuable information. So in the absence of official figures, analysts are left to fill that information vacuum, and the consensus is that sales are bad.
- Decline in iPhone shipments could make Apple worst-performing top-5 smartphone brand of 2016 (Apr 24) - Mac RumorsApple's global iPhone shipments will fall short of analysts' consensus estimates of 210 to 230 million units in the 2016 fiscal year, according to a new research note issued by respected KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a worst case scenario, iPhone shipments in 2016 are expected to reach just 190 million units, which is an 18% reduction in shipment growth and 3 million fewer iPhones than Apple sold in 2014.
- 21 Apr 2016:Apple A-series chip supplier Samsung this week announced plans to put a next-generation 10-nanometer chip fabrication process into production later in 2016, with the new technology supposedly affording a 10% increase in efficiency over existing iterations.
- Investors don't know for sure how much of Qualcomm's revenue and profits are directly attributable to the iPhone. But analysts have recently estimated that if Intel won 30% to 40% of the iPhone chips, it would reduce Qualcomm's earnings per share next year by 6% to 9%.
- Qualcomm indicated on an earnings call Wednesday that it may be losing some orders from Apple for modem chips that link the iPhone to the web.
- 20 Apr 2016:
- 19 Apr 2016:
- Samsung Electronics is co-developing EMI shielding process that uses spray method with Protec, which is a South Korean company specializing in dispenser, Asymtek from the US, Hansol Chemical and Ntrium. While Protec and Asymtek are developing equipment, Hansol Chemical and Ntrium are developing EMI masking material that is in a form of ink. Samsung is planning to supply NAND-flash package with EMI shield to Apple when equipment and material are developed. It is predicted that supply will be possible starting from 2017.
- 14 Apr 2016:
- 11 Apr 2016:There is increasing evidence that Intel is likely to gain 20%-30% share in the iPhone 7 modem - the first time since 2011 with the iPhone 4 that Intel will be a baseband supplier for Apple.
- 8 Apr 2016:
- 31 Mar 2016:
- 30 Mar 2016:
- 29 Mar 2016:
- 25 Mar 2016:Apple's recent launch of a smaller iPad Pro has left a bad taste in my mouth. Steve Jobs precision around Apple keynotes may be legendary, but there are enough reports from his time as CEO of Apple to back up the tightly scripted proceedings, the lengthy rehearsals, and the measured impact of every word. Tim Cook and core team will have seen that accuracy in action.
- 23 Mar 2016:On a positive note for TSMC, it looks like the company is gearing up for production in May of the "A10" processor for Apple's next flagship phone, presumably an "iPhone 7."
- Apple in "advanced talks" to acquire Imagination Technologies for PowerVR GPU (Mar 22) - Ars TechnicaApple is in "advanced talks" to acquire British chip design company Imagination Technologies, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions. When Ars sought comment, Imagination Technologies refused to deny any such planned takeover.
- According to one market researcher, Apple is likely to sell only four million to six million units of the new iPhone SE in the US in the first year. Those who own an iPhone 6 are unlikely to give up the big screen, reckons Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.
- 22 Mar 2016:In a court filing Monday, federal authorities cited a newly discovered "unlocking method" that it hopes won't require Apple's help.
- Chipmaker Broadcom, the company created following the merger of Avago and Broadcom, said it would cut about 1,900 jobs globally across its businesses.
- 18 Mar 2016:
- 17 Mar 2016:Imagination Technologies, the British company whose graphics power Apple's iPhone, said it would make new cost cuts, including job losses, to speed up a turnaround plan.
- 11 Mar 2016:
- 10 Mar 2016:The latest leak on Apple's upcoming 4-inch iPhone suggests Apple might be ready to deliver a two-punch combo to competitors by rolling out not only the new iPhone SE but also keeping the 5s alive.
- 4 Mar 2016:
- It looks like everyone has forgotten one of the big selling points of Android is for manufacturers. Either that or Google is ready to concede a vital UI element to Apple's iOS.
- QSAN introduces XCubeSAN XS5200 series and XCubeDAS XD5300 series at Computex 2016
- Schurter has expanded its presence in Europe by creating a new subsidiary in Poland, Schurter Electronics Sp. z o.o.
- Winmate, Inc. to showcase latest automotive solutions for the Industry 4.0 at Computex 2016
- WebRTC Promotes Cross-Platform Video Messaging, Inspiring Creative IIoT Uses
- Use Video Surveillance To Drive New Consumer Revenue Opportunities
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...