- 17 Aug 2015:Apple is building a self-driving car in Silicon Valley, and is scouting for secure locations in the San Francisco Bay area to test it. Documents show the oft-rumoured Apple car project appears to be further along than many suspected.
- 13 Aug 2015:
- Jeff Sheley, a Northland analyst, wrote: "We now believe that Intel will capture roughly 50% of Apple's modem business in the upcoming iPhones due to launch September 9th."
- 12 Aug 2015:Apple is a company that's accustomed to being loved by its customers. Carriers, on the other hand, are companies consumers love to hate.
- 7 Aug 2015:
- 4 Aug 2015:
- 31 Jul 2015:For Skyworks Solutions, the Apple iPhone may well be the gift that keeps on giving. After getting a nice piece of the Apple iPhone 6 business, the analog chipmaker is poised to tap into more gains from Apple, which is expected to refresh the current-generation iPhone 6 sometime this fall.
- 27 Jul 2015:
- 23 Jul 2015:
- 22 Jul 2015:"There are rumors all the time about us being acquired. But when you look at our business model... for any one company it's much less expensive for them to license our technology than to buy the whole company," said ARM CEO Simon Segars.
- "We made a decision back to September not to disclose the shipments of the watch," Cook told investors on Tuesday.
- ARM, the chip designer whose technology powers almost all smartphones, reported sales that missed analysts' estimates after device shipments by customers including Apple Inc. trailed predictions.
- 17 Jul 2015:
- Apple and Samsung are in advanced talks to join the rest of the telecoms industry to launch electronic Sim cards, in a move could fundamentally change how consumers sign up to mobile operators.
- 15 Jul 2015:Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.
- 7 Jul 2015:India market: Apple iPhone 4s, priced at Rs 13,000, an unlikely hit among buyers (Jul 7) - Economic TimesApple distributors have slashed iPhone 4s to below Rs 13,000 (US$205.08), taking the battle right to the doors of domestic and Chinese smartphone players such as Micromax and Xiaomi in the popular mid-range smartphone market.
- 6 Jul 2015:On June 29, 2007, Apple released the original iPhone with a sleek form factor and revolutionary multi-touch screen and significantly disrupted an industry then dominated by companies such as Nokia, BlackBerry, Sony and Motorola.
- 3 Jul 2015:
- 2 Jul 2015:
- 30 Jun 2015:Samsung Electronics recently signed a new SSD supply contract for its 256GB SSDs to be used in the laptops of major suppliers such as Apple and Microsoft.
- 25 Jun 2015:Greater China, which includes Taiwan and Hong Kong, is now Apple's second-largest market and has become a battleground for the company as it vies with Samsung Electronics Co. and Xiaomi Corp. for smartphone supremacy.
- Much attention is being paid to the possibility that Apple will adopt flexible screens on its future iPhone models, as major Korean display manufacturers are seeking to persuade the U.S.-based global IT giant to do it.
- 24 Jun 2015:Apple has renewed its exclusive rights to use Liquidmetal Technologies' unique metal alloys in its line of products, according to a document filed today with the SEC. The new agreement extends Apple's relationship with Liquidmetal Technologies until February 5, 2016.
- 23 Jun 2015:
- 18 Jun 2015:
- Samsung Electronics has asked that a full bench of an appeals court should review a damages award in a long-standing patent infringement dispute with arch-rival Apple.
- 12 Jun 2015:
- Foxconn has said it is aiming to develop 10-12 facilities in India, including factories and data centers, by 2020, but had given no detail.
- 9 Jun 2015:
- 8 Jun 2015:
- 4 Jun 2015:Apple has announced Apple Watch will be available in Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan beginning Friday, June 26 from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers.
- 2 Jun 2015:A San Francisco recycling centre is seeking a woman who may have handed over a rare Apple I computer by mistake.
- 28 May 2015:
- 26 May 2015:The next-generation iPhone will reportedly sport a camera with a 12-megapixel Sony sensor that makes use of the firm's RGBW technology to help with low-light photography.
- His name previously came to prominence during an Apple v Samsung patent fight in 2012, when court filings revealed he had played a key role in the design of the original iPhone.
- 19 May 2015:As Apple basks in the unprecedented demand for its latest iPhones, suppliers from Tokyo to Taipei are sharing in the spoils.
- 15 May 2015:
- 7 May 2015:Foxconn's Terry Guo says he lobbied Apple to choose TSMC over Samsung for 'A9' (April 28) - Apple InsiderFoxconn boss Terry Guo said he pushed Apple to choose TSMC because Taiwanese companies must stick together against the "Korean Wave."
- Industry 4.0 Smart Services Dawn with Predictive Maintenance
- Indium Corporation Features Heat-Spring for LED Manufacturing at IMAPS 2015
- Focusing on four innovative applications, Merck unveils future display technologies at 2015 Touch Taiwan
- FORTREND Flexible Nano Liquid Diamond coated Touch Panel
- EverFocus Announces the Release of EQN100
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
- Intel introduces sixth-generation Intel Core processors based on Skylake
- Apple introduces new iPod touch
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...