- 5 Feb 2016:A jury has ordered Apple to pay $626 million in damages after finding that iMessage, FaceTime and other Apple software infringed on another company's patents.
- 1 Feb 2016:
- 29 Jan 2016:Apple has issued a voluntary recall of millions of its two-prong AC wall plugs after incidents of them breaking and causing electric shocks.
- 22 Jan 2016:
- 21 Jan 2016:
- 15 Jan 2016:If the rumors are correct, next-gen iPhones may not come with the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. But according to a new patent, Apple may be compensating for that loss.
- 14 Jan 2016:
- Though the Apple Pencil is simple on the outside, the inner workings of the iPad Pro stylus are a major technological achievement, a new analysis from the silicon experts at Chipworks has found.
- 13 Jan 2016:Tesla's owner, Elon Musk, has said it is an "open secret" that Apple is making a rival electric car.
- 11 Jan 2016:Qualcomm has asked a US federal court to compel some of its biggest customers and competitors-including Apple and Samsung Electronics-to hand over any documents they provided to South Korean antitrust authorities investigating the US chipmaker.
- 8 Jan 2016:
- Apple COO says company takes heat on child labor because it goes out looking for it (Jan 7) - 9to5Mac.comApple COO Jeff Williams says that the reason Apple has come under attack for the use of child labor in its supply chain is that the company actively goes out looking for it. Other companies, he claims, simply keep their heads down.
- 7 Jan 2016:
- 4 Jan 2016:
- 31 Dec 2015:
- 30 Dec 2015:Chinese tech website MyDrivers.com posted a picture that supposedly includes telecom giant China Mobile's presentation of its plans for 2016. On the right hand column of the presentation labeled "April or later," one product reads "future Apple iPhone 7C."
- 28 Dec 2015:
- 27 Dec 2015:Just over a week after Samsung paid Apple more than $548 million for infringing the patents and designs of the iPhone, Apple has asked a US court to force its biggest smartphone rival to cough up even more.
- 22 Dec 2015:The video shows the phone from a few angles with a look at the innovative display as well as a lack of a physical home button and a main camera that doesn't have a flash LED.
- Apple cut prices of its latest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus by up to 16% just two months after their launch in India.
- 21 Dec 2015:More and more analysts think the iPhone is about to go into decline for the first time ever (Dec 16) - Business Insider2015 might have been the year of "peak iPhone."
- 15 Dec 2015:Apple buys former Maxim chip fab in North San Jose, neighboring Samsung Semiconductor (Dec 14) - Apple InsiderApple just paid $18.2 million for a small 70,000 square foot silicon chip fab, formerly owned by Samsung, located in North San Jose, California, about a 20 minute drive from its current Infinite Loop headquarters in Cupertino.
- 10 Dec 2015:The news that Apple is making its own GPU makes sense as the outfit has more money than it knows what to do with and it has some experience with inhouse chip design.
- 1 Dec 2015:According to G for Games, a Weibo user who has posted accurate details about unconfirmed Apple plans in the past revealed that the iPhone maker is currently testing five different iPhone 7 versions.
- 20 Nov 2015:Apple acknowledges iPad Pro screen blackouts, offers no immediate word of upcoming fix (Nov 19) - Apple InsiderApple on Thursday posted a new support document on its website, responding to complaints about iPad Pros suddenly going black and refusing to accept touch or button input.
- 17 Nov 2015:Goldman estimates TSMC's Apple InFO business would take away only 2% of ASE's sales.
- 13 Nov 2015:
- 12 Nov 2015:
- 10 Nov 2015:One of the greatest risks to Apple's iPhone and iPad sales is its ability to secure enough DRAM (at a reasonable cost) when the inevitable shortage occurs in the future.
- 6 Nov 2015:
- 2 Nov 2015:Samsung Electronic's earnings are heading in the right direction for the first time in nearly two years thanks to its semiconductor and display businesses.
- 26 Oct 2015:In what may be another sign that Apple is getting serious about cars, the company has hired Jonathan Cohen, the director of deep learning for chip-maker Nvidia. Nvidia is best-known for its graphics products used for computer games, but it has recently been pushing into the world of autonomous vehicles.
- 19 Oct 2015:
- Intel now has a thousand people or more working to outfit a 2016 iPhone with its lauded 7360 LTE modem chip, sources say. If all goes well, Intel may end up providing both the modem and the fabrication for a new Apple system on a chip.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...