- 26 Apr 2016:
- 25 Apr 2016:Apple loves to brag about sales figures for all of its devices except one - the Apple Watch. When to comes to this device, Apple executives all clam up, claiming that to divulge sales figures for this device would somehow give its competitors some valuable information. So in the absence of official figures, analysts are left to fill that information vacuum, and the consensus is that sales are bad.
- Decline in iPhone shipments could make Apple worst-performing top-5 smartphone brand of 2016 (Apr 24) - Mac RumorsApple's global iPhone shipments will fall short of analysts' consensus estimates of 210 to 230 million units in the 2016 fiscal year, according to a new research note issued by respected KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a worst case scenario, iPhone shipments in 2016 are expected to reach just 190 million units, which is an 18% reduction in shipment growth and 3 million fewer iPhones than Apple sold in 2014.
- 21 Apr 2016:Apple A-series chip supplier Samsung this week announced plans to put a next-generation 10-nanometer chip fabrication process into production later in 2016, with the new technology supposedly affording a 10% increase in efficiency over existing iterations.
- Investors don't know for sure how much of Qualcomm's revenue and profits are directly attributable to the iPhone. But analysts have recently estimated that if Intel won 30% to 40% of the iPhone chips, it would reduce Qualcomm's earnings per share next year by 6% to 9%.
- Qualcomm indicated on an earnings call Wednesday that it may be losing some orders from Apple for modem chips that link the iPhone to the web.
- 20 Apr 2016:
- 19 Apr 2016:
- Samsung Electronics is co-developing EMI shielding process that uses spray method with Protec, which is a South Korean company specializing in dispenser, Asymtek from the US, Hansol Chemical and Ntrium. While Protec and Asymtek are developing equipment, Hansol Chemical and Ntrium are developing EMI masking material that is in a form of ink. Samsung is planning to supply NAND-flash package with EMI shield to Apple when equipment and material are developed. It is predicted that supply will be possible starting from 2017.
- 14 Apr 2016:
- 11 Apr 2016:There is increasing evidence that Intel is likely to gain 20%-30% share in the iPhone 7 modem - the first time since 2011 with the iPhone 4 that Intel will be a baseband supplier for Apple.
- 8 Apr 2016:
- 31 Mar 2016:
- 30 Mar 2016:
- 29 Mar 2016:
- 25 Mar 2016:Apple's recent launch of a smaller iPad Pro has left a bad taste in my mouth. Steve Jobs precision around Apple keynotes may be legendary, but there are enough reports from his time as CEO of Apple to back up the tightly scripted proceedings, the lengthy rehearsals, and the measured impact of every word. Tim Cook and core team will have seen that accuracy in action.
- 23 Mar 2016:On a positive note for TSMC, it looks like the company is gearing up for production in May of the "A10" processor for Apple's next flagship phone, presumably an "iPhone 7."
- Apple in "advanced talks" to acquire Imagination Technologies for PowerVR GPU (Mar 22) - Ars TechnicaApple is in "advanced talks" to acquire British chip design company Imagination Technologies, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions. When Ars sought comment, Imagination Technologies refused to deny any such planned takeover.
- According to one market researcher, Apple is likely to sell only four million to six million units of the new iPhone SE in the US in the first year. Those who own an iPhone 6 are unlikely to give up the big screen, reckons Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.
- 22 Mar 2016:In a court filing Monday, federal authorities cited a newly discovered "unlocking method" that it hopes won't require Apple's help.
- Chipmaker Broadcom, the company created following the merger of Avago and Broadcom, said it would cut about 1,900 jobs globally across its businesses.
- 18 Mar 2016:
- 17 Mar 2016:Imagination Technologies, the British company whose graphics power Apple's iPhone, said it would make new cost cuts, including job losses, to speed up a turnaround plan.
- 11 Mar 2016:
- 10 Mar 2016:The latest leak on Apple's upcoming 4-inch iPhone suggests Apple might be ready to deliver a two-punch combo to competitors by rolling out not only the new iPhone SE but also keeping the 5s alive.
- 4 Mar 2016:
- It looks like everyone has forgotten one of the big selling points of Android is for manufacturers. Either that or Google is ready to concede a vital UI element to Apple's iOS.
- 1 Mar 2016:
- 26 Feb 2016:Now though a new rumor out of South Korea claims that Apple's big spring event has been pushed back - though just by exactly one week. Hence, it's apparently going to take place on March 22.
- Speaking on stage in Barcelona at Mobile World Congress, the Facebook CEO said he doesn't think requiring back doors would be "the right thing to do" nor would it be an effective way to get data from the iPhone of deceased San Bernardino shooter, Syed Farook.
- 23 Feb 2016:Justice Department calls Apple's refusal to unlock iPhone a 'marketing strategy' (Feb 19) - New York TimesThe Justice Department, frustrated by its inability to unlock the iPhone of one of the attackers in the San Bernardino killings, demanded on Friday that a judge immediately order Apple to give it the technical tools to get inside the phone.
- 19 Feb 2016:
- Apple launched its Apple Pay mobile payments service in China on Thursday, opening the door to a vast market of smartphone users, as well as newfound competition in an established touchless systems segment leaders Tencent and Alibaba.
- 18 Feb 2016:
- 'iPhone 7' might replace 3.5mm headphone jack with second speaker, analysts say (Feb 12) - Apple InsiderApple's next-generation iPhone - expected to abandon a 3.5mm headphone jack - will probably replace the part with a second speaker, according to a Barclays research memo obtained by AppleInsider.
- 17 Feb 2016:
- 16 Feb 2016:
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 7.35 million LCD TVs in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Nichia tops LED packagers in 2015 revenues
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship over 19 million LCD monitors in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Global user base for fixed-line access to Internet growing slower than that for mobile access
- Elo expands projective capacitive touchscreen line
- GSMA announces further details for Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
- With a decade of achievements, AVEXIR Technologies establishes itself as gamers' favorite
- KMF protection class II: Compact power entry module for protection class II equipment
- Prize-winning design quality: Raiden series triumphs in Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...