- 17 Sep 2014:Panasonic has unveiled a hybrid smartphone-camera at the Photokina trade show in Cologne.
- 9 Jul 2014:
- 17 Jan 2014:Panasonic plans to sell three chip-assembly plants in Southeast Asia to Singapore's United Test and Assembly Center (UTAC), sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, as part of Panasonic's global reorganisation.
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 27 Nov 2013:Japan's Panasonic will sell three domestic semiconductor factories to Israel's TowerJazz as early as the current business year ending March, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said, bringing the embattled electronics giant closer to completing the overhaul of its loss-making businesses.
- 24 Oct 2013:Japanese consumer electronics giant Panasonic will slash its 14,000-strong chipmaking workforce by half and possibly sell some of its plants, the Nikkei business daily reported Wednesday.
- 5 Sep 2013:Panasonic has confirmed it is to stop selling smartphones in its home market Japan. It said it would also begin outsourcing production of handsets sold to other countries such as India.
- 30 Jul 2013:
- 5 Jul 2013:Panasonic will close a solar panel manufacturing plant in Hungary to consolidate production in Malaysia and Japan.
- 27 May 2013:The Osaka-based company plans to stop making wafers at the end of June, a spokeswoman Chieko Gyobu said on May 23 by phone in Tokyo.
- 27 Mar 2013:Panasonic said its solar panel operation will probably remain profitable amid growing demand from domestic homeowners.
- 6 Feb 2013:Fujitsu and Panasonic are in the final stage of talks to go ahead with a merger of their large-scale integrated chip (LSI) operations into a new company, NHK reported Friday.
- 30 May 2012:Panasonic is mulling fresh job losses on top of 17,000 recent lay-offs as the Japanese electronics conglomerate looks to engineer a profit rebound, a source said.
- Olympus is also looking to slash 2,500 jobs, the Asahi Shimbun said, without naming its sources.
- 18 May 2012:With sales of LCD television technology falling far short of expectations in the global marketplace, Sony and Panasonic are in talks to jointly mass-produce the next generation of OLED television sets.
- 15 Mar 2012:According to seperate reports, both Panasonic and Samsung could be looking to use Android as the base operating system on digital cameras in the future.
- 23 Feb 2012:Having previously differenciated their LCD and Plasma TV lines by virtue of size; Panasonic have annouced that they will be producing larger screen LED TVs for the first time.
- 8 Feb 2012:Renesas Electronics and two other big Japanese chip makers have begun talks to combine their system chip operations and outsource production in a government-backed deal, sources said.
- 4 Feb 2012:Panasonic Corp. forecast a record net loss of JPY780 billion for the current year, making it the latest consumer electronics giant to predict declining earnings because of the stronger yen, a slower global economy and the floods in Thailand.
- 12 Jan 2012:
- 12 Dec 2011:Panasonic will expand its smartphone business beyond its home country of Japan, starting with Europe in March 2012, the electronics giant said today.
- 18 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:Panasonic said Tuesday it will sell one of its main domestic TV panel factories to a new joint venture focused on producing smaller screens, as Japan's big-name manufacturers continue to seek relief from deep losses in their display businesses.
- 2 Nov 2011:The strong yen has had an impact on several Japanese companies including Toshiba, Honda Motor and Panasonic, which have reported lower second-quarter profits.
- A public-private fund that will acquire the small- and mid-size LCD operations of Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony will also buy a Panasonic factory for about JPY20 billion (US$255.5 million), Japanese business daily The Nikkei said.
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- 24 Oct 2011:Innovation Network Corp. of Japan is making final arrangements to buy a liquid crystal display panel plant from Panasonic Corp. to boost the production capacity of a joint LCD venture it is forming with three manufacturers, sources said Friday.
- Japanese electronics maker Panasonic will scale back domestic semiconductor output by the end of March 2012 and cut about 1,000 jobs, reflecting its recent move to reduce TV panel production, the Nikkei business daily said.
- 21 Oct 2011:Panasonic Corp will drop a plan to convert a television panel plant in Japan into a solar panel factory, hit by an industry price war and a strong yen that is making exports less competitive, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 13 Oct 2011:Consumers who picked up a Panasonic Viera TV last year can now upgrade their IPTV software to match 2011 models.
- 29 Sep 2011:Rena Yotsu from Panasonic Japan demonstrated the new projector, soon to be available in New Zealand. The event was the opportunity for a group of media to see the brand new Panasonic PT-AE7000E LCD full HD 3D Projector in action.
- 28 Sep 2011:Panasonic Corp. said Tuesday that it will launch Internet services for its Viera large-screen televisions in Japan on Oct. 4.
- 14 Sep 2011:Taiwan-based BriView Electronics Corp. has reportedly landed a contract order from Japan's Panasonic for LCD TVs for sales this year, according to industry sources.
- 9 Sep 2011:PIOL, a joint venture between Panasonic Electric Works and Idemitsu Kosan Company in Japan, began shipping OLED lighting panels to local and overseas lighting module and fixture manufacturers this month.
- 19 Aug 2011:
- 15 Aug 2011:
- 29 Jul 2011:Panasonic Corp., Sony Corp., and Sharp Corp. all bled red ink for the April-June quarter as a result of the March 11 disaster, according to results released Thursday.
- 28 Apr 2011:Panasonic plans to cut 40,000 jobs globally over the next two years, the Kyodo news agency and the Nikkei business daily reported. The job losses represent about 10% of the company's workforce, and most of the cuts will come from the company's overseas divisions.
- 19 Apr 2011:South Korea's LG Electronics has diversified chip suppliers for home appliance products to Hynix Semiconductor and Panasonic away from Toshiba after Japan's devastating earthquake last month.
- 8 Apr 2011:Consumer electronics giant Sony, chipmakers Elpida Memory and Renesas, and electronics firms Panasonic and Toshiba have all said that production at some plants in northern Japan had been halted again due to power cuts triggered by a major aftershock that shook the region on April 7.
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Taiwan ICT manufactures at CeBIT 2015
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Sub-US$300 15.6-inch Chromebooks to fuel notebook competition in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: GoPro to further integrate social media and platform services into 2015 products
- Digitimes Research: AMOLED offers competitive wearable displays
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...