- 1 Nov 2016:Sony and Panasonic, the Japanese electronics makers, have warned that profits would be hit by lower export income owing to the stronger yen and the retreat from lossmaking businesses.
- 12 May 2016:Japan's electronics giant Panasonic plans to sell its two plasma display plants at its Amagasaki site in Hyogo Prefecture, western Japan, to a Singapore-based investment firm, according to The Nikkei.
- 29 Apr 2016:Panasonic sees profit falling this year on slower emerging markets (Apr 28) - Reuters (via Yahoo! News)Panasonic forecast its profit to fall in the current business year amid slower growth in emerging markets as well as planned investments in automotive technologies and high-end consumer electronics.
- 26 Feb 2016:Panasonic will cut 50 jobs in April at a factory that makes solar ingots in Oregon amid slowing demand for photovoltaic panels in Japan.
- 8 Jan 2016:The consumer electronics company says it plans to spend up to US$1.6 billion on an advanced battery factoryan with electric-car maker Tesla Motors.
- 13 Jan 2015:Among the top winners of US patents in 2014, Google cracked the top 10 for the first time, hitting No. 8 with 2,566 patents, up a whopping 38.6% from last year. Archrival Apple won 2,003 patents, up 12.8% to 11th place, just 92 patents behind Panasonic, which fell for the second consecutive year.
- 17 Sep 2014:Panasonic has unveiled a hybrid smartphone-camera at the Photokina trade show in Cologne.
- 9 Jul 2014:
- 17 Jan 2014:Panasonic plans to sell three chip-assembly plants in Southeast Asia to Singapore's United Test and Assembly Center (UTAC), sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, as part of Panasonic's global reorganisation.
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 27 Nov 2013:Japan's Panasonic will sell three domestic semiconductor factories to Israel's TowerJazz as early as the current business year ending March, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said, bringing the embattled electronics giant closer to completing the overhaul of its loss-making businesses.
- 24 Oct 2013:Japanese consumer electronics giant Panasonic will slash its 14,000-strong chipmaking workforce by half and possibly sell some of its plants, the Nikkei business daily reported Wednesday.
- 5 Sep 2013:Panasonic has confirmed it is to stop selling smartphones in its home market Japan. It said it would also begin outsourcing production of handsets sold to other countries such as India.
- 30 Jul 2013:
- 5 Jul 2013:Panasonic will close a solar panel manufacturing plant in Hungary to consolidate production in Malaysia and Japan.
- 27 May 2013:The Osaka-based company plans to stop making wafers at the end of June, a spokeswoman Chieko Gyobu said on May 23 by phone in Tokyo.
- 27 Mar 2013:Panasonic said its solar panel operation will probably remain profitable amid growing demand from domestic homeowners.
- 6 Feb 2013:Fujitsu and Panasonic are in the final stage of talks to go ahead with a merger of their large-scale integrated chip (LSI) operations into a new company, NHK reported Friday.
- 30 May 2012:Panasonic is mulling fresh job losses on top of 17,000 recent lay-offs as the Japanese electronics conglomerate looks to engineer a profit rebound, a source said.
- Olympus is also looking to slash 2,500 jobs, the Asahi Shimbun said, without naming its sources.
- 18 May 2012:With sales of LCD television technology falling far short of expectations in the global marketplace, Sony and Panasonic are in talks to jointly mass-produce the next generation of OLED television sets.
- 15 Mar 2012:According to seperate reports, both Panasonic and Samsung could be looking to use Android as the base operating system on digital cameras in the future.
- 23 Feb 2012:Having previously differenciated their LCD and Plasma TV lines by virtue of size; Panasonic have annouced that they will be producing larger screen LED TVs for the first time.
- 8 Feb 2012:Renesas Electronics and two other big Japanese chip makers have begun talks to combine their system chip operations and outsource production in a government-backed deal, sources said.
- 4 Feb 2012:Panasonic Corp. forecast a record net loss of JPY780 billion for the current year, making it the latest consumer electronics giant to predict declining earnings because of the stronger yen, a slower global economy and the floods in Thailand.
- 12 Jan 2012:
- 12 Dec 2011:Panasonic will expand its smartphone business beyond its home country of Japan, starting with Europe in March 2012, the electronics giant said today.
- 18 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:Panasonic said Tuesday it will sell one of its main domestic TV panel factories to a new joint venture focused on producing smaller screens, as Japan's big-name manufacturers continue to seek relief from deep losses in their display businesses.
- 2 Nov 2011:The strong yen has had an impact on several Japanese companies including Toshiba, Honda Motor and Panasonic, which have reported lower second-quarter profits.
- A public-private fund that will acquire the small- and mid-size LCD operations of Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony will also buy a Panasonic factory for about JPY20 billion (US$255.5 million), Japanese business daily The Nikkei said.
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- 24 Oct 2011:Innovation Network Corp. of Japan is making final arrangements to buy a liquid crystal display panel plant from Panasonic Corp. to boost the production capacity of a joint LCD venture it is forming with three manufacturers, sources said Friday.
- Japanese electronics maker Panasonic will scale back domestic semiconductor output by the end of March 2012 and cut about 1,000 jobs, reflecting its recent move to reduce TV panel production, the Nikkei business daily said.
- 21 Oct 2011:Panasonic Corp will drop a plan to convert a television panel plant in Japan into a solar panel factory, hit by an industry price war and a strong yen that is making exports less competitive, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 13 Oct 2011:Consumers who picked up a Panasonic Viera TV last year can now upgrade their IPTV software to match 2011 models.
- 29 Sep 2011:Rena Yotsu from Panasonic Japan demonstrated the new projector, soon to be available in New Zealand. The event was the opportunity for a group of media to see the brand new Panasonic PT-AE7000E LCD full HD 3D Projector in action.
- 28 Sep 2011:Panasonic Corp. said Tuesday that it will launch Internet services for its Viera large-screen televisions in Japan on Oct. 4.
- 14 Sep 2011:Taiwan-based BriView Electronics Corp. has reportedly landed a contract order from Japan's Panasonic for LCD TVs for sales this year, according to industry sources.
- 9 Sep 2011:PIOL, a joint venture between Panasonic Electric Works and Idemitsu Kosan Company in Japan, began shipping OLED lighting panels to local and overseas lighting module and fixture manufacturers this month.
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to enjoy particularly strong 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan server revenues may reach NT$600 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Display dominance in AMOLED to face challenge from China makers beginning 2019
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to rise 11.6% in 4Q16
- Join CAYIN at InfoComm MEA 2016 to discover the next-gen digital signage
- Clientron to introduce new 12" all-in-one POS Bello620
- Tatung builds highly energy-efficient commercial air conditioning systems with air-cooled and parallel chiller units
- Advantest will present product exhibits, live demonstrations and a technical paper at SEMICON Japan, December 14-16 in Tokyo
- TSTi establishes itself as a leading information service brand with implementation of ISO 20000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...