- 26 Mar 2009:Chinese telecommunications-equipment maker Huawei Technologies has won a contract to supply the network infrastructure for a cellphone service that cable-TV provider Cox Communications plans to launch in some markets later this year, people familiar with the matter say.
- 20 Mar 2009:Infineon sells US$68 million semiconductor solutions to China telecom equipment maker - Company releaseInfineon Technologies AG HAS announced that it has signed a letter of intent for framework purchase agreement amounting US$68 million with Huawei Technologies of China. Infineon will provide semiconductor solutions for Huawei in the area of central office solutions (CO), customer premise equipment (CPE) and mobile phone platforms.
- 10 Mar 2009:
- A group of leaders in the wireless industry comprised of Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Huawei, Kineto Wireless, LG Electronics, Motorola, Nortel, Samsung, Starent Networks, T-Mobile and ZTE have announced a joint effort, referred to as the Voice over LTE via Generic Access (VoLGA) Forum
- 2 Mar 2009:
- 18 Feb 2009:
- 23 Jan 2009:
- 1 Dec 2008:
- 28 Nov 2008:
- 11 Nov 2008:
- 10 Nov 2008:
- 9 Oct 2008:
- 7 Oct 2008:
- 3 Jul 2008:China's Huawei Technologies said it has been selected by Mobilink, the largest GSM operator in Pakistan and a subsidiary of Orascom Telecom, to deploy a commercial WiMAX 16e network. In a statement, Huawei said the network will cover central business districts and hot spots in Islamabad, Karachi, Sialkot, Lahore, Faisalabad and Rawalpindi.
- Knowles Corporation Taiwan celebrates its 40th anniversary
- Indium Corporation expands Malaysia technical support, adds team members
- EverFocus announces the release of EMV401/801/1601 hybrid mobile DVR
- Tatung announces commercial availability of standards-based module for EV charging
- Solid State Disk Innovator Emerges from Stealth Mode: Sage Microelectronics' New Technology Breaks 'Terabyte Barrier' with 5TB SSD Controller IC
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: China makers Bitland, BYD to join Chromebook supply chain in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, white-box players looking to take over 10-15 million feature phone demand from Microsoft Mobile
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo, Asustek to launch US$149 Chromebook
- Digitimes Research: Skylake processor delay to weaken Windows 10 notebook demand
- Commentary: Calculating the cost of GamerGate, many losers, 2 potential big winners
Laser printers have been dominating the business-use segment. But Seiko Epson has launched a bid to...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...