- 8 Jul 2014:
- 19 Jun 2014:
- 18 Jun 2014:
- 21 May 2014:
- 19 May 2014:
- 26 Mar 2014:
- 7 Mar 2014:Qualcomm has announced the management transition of Steve Mollenkopf to CEO and Paul E. Jacobs to executive chairman of the board of directors.
- 5 Mar 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:
- 20 Feb 2014:WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum will join Facebook's board of directors.
- 23 Jan 2014:ASML CEO sees EUV machines reaching improved norms by 2017 (January 22) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)ASML expects new extreme ultraviolet lithography machines to reach a production standard that satisfies all of its semiconductor-equipment customers by 2017, CEO Peter Wennink said.
- 7 Jan 2014:Qualcomm's CEO said his company has the capabilities to build ARM server chips but was careful not to disclose any product plans at the International CES in Las Vegas.
- 20 Dec 2013:
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 12 Dec 2013:Qualcomm will take a wait and see approach before turning to Intel's expanding foundry operation to manufacture its chips, Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
- 22 Nov 2013:"If we can use our silicon to provide the best computing, we'll do it," Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said. "You will see us focusing on a much broader set of customers."
- 22 Oct 2013:
- 15 Oct 2013:Apple announced Tuesday that it hired Angela Ahrendts, the chief executive of Burberry, the British luxury fashion company, as a member of its executive team.
- 14 Oct 2013:Dongbu HiTek is not exactly a household name in the foundry business like TSMC, Globalfoundries and Samsung. But Dongbu, a company described by some as the industry's best kept secret, has been sharpening its strategy, honing its skills, and steadily expanding capacity in South Korea under Chang-Sik Choi, who became its president and CEO a year and a half ago.
- 26 Sep 2013:
- 23 Sep 2013:Tronics Microsystems, a MEMS manufacturer headquartered in Grenoble, France, has appointed Pascal Langlois as CEO.
- 10 Sep 2013:
- 26 Aug 2013:
- Microsoft has stepped into a new and uncertain era with the announcement that CEO Steve Ballmer will retire within 12 months, triggering a search for a successor to take over the software behemoth. The announcement on Friday surprised analysts and investors and sent shares surging, reflecting belief that the company will benefit from new leadership as it tries to innovate and chase the market for smartphones and tablets.
- 23 Aug 2013:
- 16 Aug 2013:Applied Materials' board of directors has appointed Gary Dickerson as president and chief executive officer (CEO) and Michael Splinter as executive chairman of the board of directors, effective September 1, 2013.
- "We are seeing a near-term slowdown in investment by our foundry customers as they focus on ramping (production using) new capacity installed over the past two quarters," said Applied CEO Michael Splinter.
- 15 Aug 2013:Cisco Systems saw its shares fall sharply late Wednesday after the company announced that it is cutting 4,000 jobs to adjust to what CEO John Chambers called a "challenging" and "inconsistent" economy.
- 14 Aug 2013:
- 12 Aug 2013:
- 1 Aug 2013:
- 29 Jul 2013:Mali graphics IP core shipments are on course to be more than 300 million units in 2013, more than doubling the 150 million units shipped in 2012, according to Simon Segars, CEO of processor IP licensor ARM.
- 22 Jul 2013:"Effective immediately, in addition to his current duties in supporting me with global corporate strategy, [President of Global Sales] Jason Mackenzie will lead HTC America," company CEO Peter Chou told employees in an internal email Sunday. "[President of North America] Mike Woodward will lead Emerging Devices, a newly established business unit that will focus on innovative new HTC products and global distribution strategies."
- Nova Measuring Instruments, the Israeli maker of equipment for semiconductor manufacturing, rebounded in New York after the chief executive officer said he's confident its largest customer won't pare back orders.
- 10 Jul 2013:Chinese solar manufacturers are still trying to sell panels at the lowest prices and have failed to adapt to an industry seeking more efficient components, said SunPower CEO Tom Werner.
- 2 Jul 2013:
- 28 Jun 2013:
- 18 Jun 2013:
- 14 Jun 2013:Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset is well on its way to becoming the company's bestselling smartphone. Samsung Electronics co-CEO Shin Jong-kyun told The Korea Times the Galaxy S4 is set to surpass the 10 million sales mark next week.
- G.SKILL Officially Announces Ripjaws 4 Series DDR4 Memory Kits - Extreme Speed Available Up to DDR4 3200MHz
- Twinwill produces perfect touch products under the supply chain
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments to decline in 2014
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...