Clevo sees weak profits in 2016, but expects strong performance in 2017
IT + CE | 2h 9min ago
Revenues from flexible AMOLED displays on pace to exceed rigid AMOLED panels in 3Q17, says IHS
Displays | 2h 11min ago
New Wafer Works China plant to come online in 2018, says report
Bits + chips - Newswatch | 2h 14min ago
LeEco may be unable to acquire Vizio due to strict foreign exchange policies
Before Going to Press | 2h 28min ago
Getac Technology nets NT$3.68 per share for 2016
Before Going to Press | 2h 30min ago
Simplo to cut capital by 40%
Before Going to Press | 2h 31min ago
Asustek ZenFone 4 may not come with Snapdragon 835
Before Going to Press | 2h 31min ago
ECS reports losses for 2016
Before Going to Press | 2h 40min ago
ESD solution provider Amazing Microelectronic sees earnings up 70% in 2016
Before Going to Press | 2h 41min ago
Quanta suffers revenue drop, but increased profits in 2016
Before Going to Press | 2h 50min ago
Chunghwa Telecom launches smart FunPark Watch for children
Before Going to Press | 2h 51min ago
BLU maker Coretronic to hand out cash dividend of NT$3.5 for 2016
Before Going to Press | 2h 59min ago
Flytech Technology to deal out 2016 dividend of NT$5
Before Going to Press | 4h 7min ago
Samsung Galaxy S8 to be available starting mid-April
Before Going to Press | 4h 8min ago
Gigastorage to not hand out 2016 dividend
Before Going to Press | 4h 10min ago
Global Lighting Technologies nets NT$6.05 per share for 2016
Before Going to Press | 4h 11min ago
Mar 27, 14:49
Lite-On Semiconductor, a maker of discrete and analog IC components, has landed GPP (glass passivated package) diode orders from China-based smartphone vendors such as Oppo and Vivo, according to industry sources. The Taiwan-based company is also looking to obtain new orders of GPP diodes from another...
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- UMC Enters Mass Production for 14nm Customer ICs
- Entegris announces higher-purity gas purification system platform with expanded manufacturing in Asia
- Spirox resolved to propose termination of exclusive distributor agreement with Xcerra Corporation
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
29-Mar-2017 markets closed
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
DRAM prices have been rising amid tight supply.
A proposed merger between Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) and Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL) has yet to receive approval from the US...
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics industry.
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...