- TDDI solutions set to see growing adoption among smartphones
- Chip orders for notebooks picking up
- Taiwan approves BOE subsidiary set up
- Taiwan market: CHT partners with Microsoft to provide cloud computing services
- Inventec plans to set up factory in Indonesia or Philippines
- Innolux to begin mass producing 8K TV panels in 2Q16
- AUO developing high-end, value-added products amid rising competition, says chairman
- China PV module demand may see downturn in October
- Touch Taiwan: New Cando flexible touch panels to appear in smartphones in 2016
- China market: Local smartphone vendors limit launch of new models
- ITRI, CPT pursuing foldable AMOLED panels
- Wistron to buy back 3.13% stake
- Global service robot market to grow 20-30% annually
- Taiwan market: Local vendors cut LED light bulb prices
- MStar to acquire Ilitek for NT$51 per share
- Worldwide smartphone growth to slow to 10.4% in 2015, says IDC
- Taiwan market: Philips lowers prices for LED table lamps
- TSMC Solar shutdown reflects challenges to CIGS thin-film PV module makers
- SPIL receives tender offer from ASE
- Market for lithium ion batteries for vehicles expected to reach US$30.6 billion in 2024, says report
- Laster lands orders for LED headlights from China
- TSMC to cease solar manufacturing operations
- Global PC demand impacted by currency depreciation and high inventory, says Acer CEO
- China investment environment deteriorating, investment risk rising, says TEEMA
- Medical applications leading advancement in 3D printing, says Gartner
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...