- Compatibility, efficiency crucial to wireless charging market: Q&A with Mark Hunsicker, senior director of wireless power solutions at Qualcomm
- Panel makers aim to secure orders from Motorola
- TPV likely to shift panel orders to CEC Panda
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, Apple, LG rank as top-3 smartphone vendors in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers will ship over 24 million handsets in 4Q14
- Falling LED bulb prices put pressure on LED driver IC firms
- China market: Mobile gaming revenues over CNY7.2 billion in 3Q14, says Analysys
- Intel decides to keep tablet subsidies, say sources
- On-cell smartphone and tablet shipments picking up due to orders from Motorola, Nokia
- Revenues from energy efficient buildings in Europe expected to reach US$109 billion annually by 2023, says firm
- TWM expects to reach 1.0 million 4G users at end of 2014, says president
- China market: B2B e-commerce trades in 3Q14 valued at CNY4.85 billion, says Analysys
- IBM, Cisco leading in smart city technology developments, says Navigant
- China and US boost worldwide industrial semiconductor market in 2014, says IHS
- Asia Neo Tech expects sales growth in 4Q14
- China IC design houses expand presence in touch IC and fingerprint sensor markets
- Touch panel pricing to drop to US$1 per inch
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD driver IC revenues to rise 6% in 2014
- Win Win Precision cooperates with vendor to market HeatCap in Japan
- Acer to launch convertible touch-screen Chromebook in 1H15
- Monocrystalline solar cell prices may fall in 4Q14, say Taiwan makers
- Xiaomi to launch smart home device soon
- Interactive whiteboards and interactive flat panel displays reach 440,000 in sales in 3Q14, says Futuresource
- Taiwan October unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
- TSMC to offer InFO packaging for 16nm chips in 2016, says paper
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Laser printers have been dominating the business-use segment. But Seiko Epson has launched a bid to...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...