- TSMC to grab 40-50% of A9 chip orders
- Mobile DRAM revenues rise 6% in 3Q14, says DRAMeXchange
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone makers increase overseas shipments by 53% in 3Q14
- Patent wars may become competitive strategy in China smartphone market
- MediaTek reportedly no longer supplies chips to Xiaomi
- LED lighting marks a new era: Q&A with Hubie Notohamiprodjo, SSL products marketing director, Dialog Semiconductor
- PC outlook remains cautious, despite modest 3Q14 gains, says IDC
- BOE shifts focus from Samsung to China vendors
- Taiwan IC designers seeing gross margin under pressure
- TV panel shipments increase 10.2% on year in October to 22.55 million, says TrendForce
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to reach 74.53 million in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan small- to medium-size panel shipments reach 329.7 million in 3Q14
- ASML lands EUV tool orders from TSMC
- Taiwan and Korea makers expanding touch-embedded solutions in 2015
- Residential demand response revenues expected to reach US$2.3 billion annually by 2023, says firm
- Digitimes Research: China makers to drop Full HD panel pricing by 11.5% in 2015
- Some Taiwan solar cell makers plan to cut personnel
- Taiwan market: 4G user base tops 2.1 million at end of October, says NCC
- Coolpad, China Telecom to launch dual-OS smartphone Platinum Dayton, says report
- Inotera orders equipment from Applied Materials
- TPV sees LCD TV and monitor shipments increase 7.5% in 3Q14
- China market: Smartphone vendors to streamline product lines
- Oppo, Gionee increase AMOLED handset panel orders to Samsung
- China market: Over 5.4 million consumer tablets sold in 3Q14, says Analysys
- Epistar sees decreasing capacity utilization
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
NOR flash memory supplier Macronix International is looking to expand its presence in the automotive...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Laser printers have been dominating the business-use segment. But Seiko Epson has launched a bid to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...