- HTC aims high while LG look low in India smartphone market
- Elan expects to post 6-9% decrease in 1Q17 revenues
- AMD to release Ryzen in March with initial shipments to top 1 million
- UMC to pay NT$0.50 cash dividend for 2016
- Epistar to produce VCSELs
- Taiwan approves Dynami Vision acquisition of Macquarie APTT Management
- Harvatek showcases transparent LED display at Smart City Summit & Expo 2017
- North American semiconductor equipment industry posts US$1.86 billion in January billings
- PTI to deal out cash dividend of NT$4 for 2016
- Diode maker Eris to hand out NT$3.46 in dividends for 2016
- Qualcomm begins comeback fight against Korean FTC
- Intel pushing new 5G chip
- LG Display may become supplier to Samsung
- Taiwan market: Xiaomi launches Mi Note 2, Redmi Note 4X
- AUO undaunted by China competition, says chairman
- Acer unveils smart roadside parking management system
- Server DRAM prices rise nearly 40% in 1Q17, says DRAMeXchange
- Xiaomi likely to unveil in-house developed CPUs on February 28
- Panasonic, Sharp capitalize on JCM to export PV modules, says report
- TPV to set up LCD TV factory in China, says paper
- TPK to quit touch panel production for Apple Watch, say sources
- Foxconn chairman pledges shares for loans
- Digitimes Research: Global electric vehicle market heating up
- GPU shipments total 100 million in 4Q16, says John Peddie
- Samsung launches 10nm Exynos 9-series processor
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...