- Acer to set up China subsidiary to promote BYOC
- Lenovo revenues up 21% in fiscal 4Q14
- iPhone shipments to reach over 230 million in 2015, says firm
- Xintec profits soar in 1Q15
- Giga Solar Materials starts operation of 17MWp PV power-generating station in Japan
- Google seeking Taiwan partners to promote Chromebook, say makers
- Cirrus Logic shifts orders to TSMC
- Electric motorcycle and scooter sales expected to total 55 million from 2015-2024, says firm
- Digitimes Research: Capex from Korea makers down slightly in 2015
- Gigastorage expects operations to break even in 1Q16
- Gudeng enters mass production of mask cases for LCDs
- BlackBerry targeted for acquisition, say sources
- AUO denies rumors of potential merger with Innolux
- Crystal Applied Technology unveils sapphire substrate plant in Taiwan
- ITRI debuts metal 3D laser printing
- Panel pricing on the decline in May, says DisplaySearch
- IC Insights releases top-20 semiconductor suppliers in 1Q15
- Applied announces breakthrough technology for patterning copper interconnects at 10nm and beyond
- HTC may reduce component orders for HTC One M9 by 30%, say sources
- Digitimes Research: US, Japan firms dominate UA LED
- TV sales in China down 6% during May 1 holiday period, says WitsView
- China-based white-box vendors push dual-OS tablets
- North American semiconductor equipment industry posts book-to-bill ratio of 1.04 in April, says SEMI
- Samsung steps up purchases of IC parts from Taiwan
- Intel, Rockchip jointly promoting SoFIA 3G-R SoCs in China
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...