- Taiwan IC design houses gearing up to offer solutions for USB Type-C
- Prospects of IC backend service industry remain promising: Q&A with UTAC Holdings CEO William John Nelson
- Qualcomm, MediaTek shifting some 28nm chip orders away from TSMC
- Tablet vendors looking to tackle niche markets in 2015
- Getac chairman expects over 15% on-year growth in rugged PC shipments in 2015
- Global wind power installations increase 42% in 2014, says Navigant
- Sapphire makers seeing strong orders in March
- Genius Electronic Optical offers LED fishing lights
- Digitimes Research: Tianma expects new high-end display fabs to enter production in 2H15
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Foxconn to cooperate with SK C&C to tap China IT service market
- Green Energy Technology to not deal out dividend for 2014
- Apple dictates the ranking of top 10 MEMS manufacturers in 2014, says IHS
- Senao Networks steps into industrial computing
- Commercial TV market in China expected to reach 3.35 million in 2015, says firm
- Inotera board approves NT$34.4 billion for transition to 20nm
- Nan Ya Photonics exhibits omni-directional LED light bulb
- Lenovo separates mobile business unit by brand
- LED light bulb prices to fall to US$5 in 2015, says Epistar chairman
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Young Fast aims to reduce cash outflow and increase new solutions to improve performance in 2015
- Apple to release 3 iPhone models in 2H15
- Apple Watch yields have been low but are increasing, say touch panel makers
- Taiwan makers lower prices for PERC monocrystalline solar cells
- Taiwan International Lighting Show begins
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...