- IFA 2016: Acer unveils VR devices and new notebooks
- TCL to set up joint-venture 11G TFT-LCD/AMOLED factory
- BOE Technology sees revenue growth, net loss for 1H16
- HTC invests in medicare VR software developer Surgical Theater
- Tripod to post 5-8% revenue growth in 3Q16, says report
- Corning unveils Gorilla Glass SR+ for wearable devices
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to growth over 18% in 2H16
- AWSC announces stock buyback
- IFA 2016: Asustek launches new mobile devices
- Calitech plans Taiwan OTC listing
- China manufacturing IoT spending to hit US$128 billion by 2020 as industry shifts from production to services, says IDC
- MOEA sets tentative 2017 feed-in tariffs for renewable energy
- HTC to unveil HTC One A9s at IFA 2016, says report
- Mirle develops forming equipment for 3D curved glass chassis, says report
- Orders for iris recognition chips to boost Xintec 2017 revenues, says report
- Smartphone vendors likely to follow Samsung to adopt IR LED-based iris recognition
- Samsung announces mass production of 14nm Exynos chips
- Digitimes Research: Worldwide tablet shipments drop to 40 million units in 2Q16
- Notebook panels to be in tight supply in 2H16, says paper
- GCL-Poly to acquire SunEdision technology, factory assets
- EU cancels MIP status of Neo Solar Power, Motech China subsidiaries, say reports
- Formosa Sun Energy wins EPC contract for setting up 4MWp rooftop PV systems in southern Taiwan
- Jinko Solar is top China PV module maker in 1H16
- Connector maker Alltop posts EPS NT$2.55 for January-July period
- Tablet market to decline over 11% in 2016 before rebounding in 2018, says IDC
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...