- Osram to sell lamp business unit to China-based consortium
- AimCore 2Q16 operations may turn profitable
- AUO reports operating profit for 2Q16
- Notebook players less keen to adopt USB Type C
- Samsung likely to unveil Galaxy Note 7 on August 2
- Taiwan to be flexible in allocating frequency band for IoT, says minister
- ET Solar, LONGi set up joint venture for PV module marketing
- State Power Investment procures 2.75GWp of PV modules
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ships over 269 million small- to medium-size panels in 2Q16
- Component makers to see weak orders for tablets and wearables
- China may lower target PV installation capacity in 13th 5-year plan
- HTC to face increasing competition in VR market in 2H16
- Epistar AlGaInP LED chip order visibility through October, says paper
- E-sports expected to push demand for gaming notebooks, desktops in 2H16
- Hangzhou factories concerned about impact of air pollution controls during G20 Summit
- Passive component maker Prosperity Dielectrics reports increased earnings for 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Launch of Android-based Pepper to ramp up market size
- Foxlink developing service-oriented robot products
- Young Optics suffers 1H16 net loss per share of NT$1.26
- Chip orders for notebooks from Huawei and Xiaomi falling, say sources
- OLED to become leading smartphone display technology in 2020, IHS says
- PTI posts profit growth in 2Q16
- Realtek 2Q16 profits soar over 70%
- POS device supplier Posiflex reports strong earnings for 1H16
- Intel Dalian fab put into operation, says report
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...