- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors may favor local AMOLED suppliers over Samsung Display
- Smart LED lighting, high-end backlighting, IR devices to drive Unity Opto growth in 2017, says chairman
- Taiwan market: Seiko Epson launches Smart Canvas
- Component orders from AR/VR vendors still low in 2017
- UMC expects wafer shipments to drop 1% in 1Q17
- Foxconn considering setting up panel line in US, says chairman
- The synergy of NXP acquisition: An interview with Qualcomm president Derek Aberle
- UMC to start shipping 14nm chips in 1Q17
- China market: Future Mobility to build smart electric car plant in Nanjing
- Chilisin, Ralec to merge
- Chilisin to acquire ferrite cores maker Ferroxcube
- PTI 1Q17 sales to beat seasonal patterns, says president
- Taiwan market: Asustek launches police service app
- China re-assessing subsidies for PV projects
- Foxconn Electronics to have Sharp produce 4K TV panels in Japan
- China polysilicon imports in January-November 2016 grow 18.2% on year, says CNMIA
- EIH cooperates with Texen to offer smart cosmetics packaging solution
- Global shipments of OLED-equipped smartphones to exceed LCD ones in 2019, says DSCC
- Pihsiang Machinery sets up 2MWp rooftop PV system in northeastern Taiwan
- Hua Hong to intro 3rd-gen super-junction MOSFET process in 1H17
- NOR flash prices rise, says report
- Taiwan December manufacturing production index up on month, year, says MOEA
- Taiwan December unemployment rate down on month, year, says DGBAS
- SAS looking for mergers, says chairman
- Service providers switching from channel to linear OTT video over traditional TV, says ABI Research
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...