- Digitimes Research: Optical-use sapphire demand to reach 12.44 million mm of 2-inch equivalents in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments reach 55.06 million units in 2Q14
- USI reportedly lands SiP module orders for iWatch devices
- Taiwan server ODMs may benefit from Project Scorpio 2.0
- Innolux, AUO facing competition from South Korea-based Ultra HD TV makers in China
- China Mobile TD-LTE user base increases to nearly 14 million in June
- Microsoft facing increased competition from MacBooks and Chromebooks, say Taiwan makers
- Investment in production of N-type monocrystalline solar cells may take off in 2-3 years
- Fujitsu Taiwan and local university to set up Big Data R&D platform
- Taiwan tablet shipments plunge sequentially in 1Q14, says MIC
- Domestic suppliers dominate China solar inverter market as demand doubles, says IHS
- Bay Zu Precision to showcase roll-to-roll vacuum sputtering systems at Touch Taiwan 2014
- Chi Mei Materials starts construction of polarizer factory in China
- Taiwan makers can tolerate 15-20% US anti-dumping rates for PV modules
- Unity Opto expected to ship 20 million LED light bulbs in 2014, says paper
- Compeq looks to strong revenue gains in 3Q14 on growing HDI board orders
- Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$1.9 billion in January-June, says MOEA
- Taiwan Polysilicon may be unable to obtain syndicated loan
- Global UHD TV shipments may reach 20 million units in 2014, say Taiwan makers
- JDI begins IPS-NEO panel production
- Taiwan sees increased June export order value, says MOEA
- NSP subsidiary unveils PV system at southern Taiwan farm
- Commentary: TSMC should support MediaTek to counter Samsung-Qualcomm alliance
- Taiwan market: Nearly 1,500 4G base stations in operation at end of June, says NCC
- Microsoft cloud growth drives strong fiscal 4Q14 results
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...