- TSMC sees follow-up IC orders for iPhone 6 devices
- Foxconn donates 3 smart classrooms in Taiwan
- MediaTek and Opera Software partner to extend consumer data plans
- LCD TV shipments expected to grow to 229 million in 2015
- China market: CNY500 4G smartphones expected to be launched by end of 2014, says China Mobile Device president
- Global semiconductor market expects over 3% on-year growth in 2015, says MIC
- Major Asia-Pacific markets have 60% of global solar PV demand in 2H14, says Solarbuzz
- Commentary: Korea vendors still hold hopes for OLED TVs but will it really become mainstream technology?
- China to ban sale and export of 60W incandescent bulbs, says paper
- Supply chains see orders from Motorola Mobility until 4Q14
- PCB makers to see HDI board lines at full capacity till year-end 2014
- Digitimes Research: Intel looking to promote x86 architecture to China chip designers
- CSOT holds opening ceremony for new 6G LTPS facilities
- Asustek aiming to achieve 15% on-year PC shipment growth
- Digitimes Research: Mobile DRAM bit growth rate to top 37.5% in 2H14
- Pegatron component subsidiary Asuspower to acquire equipment
- Demand response capacity is expected to increase more than 6-fold by 2023, says Navigant
- Taiwan panel makers see increased pressure from China in entry-level, mid-range segments
- China-based handset vendors unlikely to launch Android One smartphones
- AUO enters Sony SmartWatch 3 supply chain
- Homeowners expected to invest more than US$625 billion in residential generation and storage from 2014-2023, says Navigant
- Over 70% of China-based polysilicon makers unable to resume production
- Insyde to see increasing orders for Intel-based white-box tablets
- Digitimes Research: August LED bulb prices drop sequentially in China
- Worldwide smartwatch and wristband market poised for takeoff, says Gartner
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...