- Microsoft reduces Surface chassis suppliers; may adopt similar strategy for other components
- Makers expect UHD TV panels and WQHD handset panels to gain more traction in 2015
- Asustek to release US$100 7-inch tablet in Taiwan
- Eon reportedly to team up with China Sigma to develop NAND flash chips
- Taiwan solar cell makers see orders increase in August
- Smart grid as a service will reach US$11.2 billion in annual revenues by 2023, says Navigant
- More UHD TVs shipped in 2Q14 than in all of 2013, says DisplaySearch
- Acer to reveal new business plans and partners in October
- Digitimes Research: Proportion of HDMI/DisplayPort technology in LCD monitors increases 7.5pp in August
- Digitimes Research: Korea kicks off semiconductor development projects
- Taiwan market: TWM, FET add 1800MHz to 4G operation
- Asia Pacific Telecom to merge with Ambit Microelectronics
- Touch Taiwan 2014: ITRI features new one-step production method for touch panels
- ASPs for handset, touch controller, LCD driver ICs trending down in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: JDI WQHD technology gaining traction in China high-end smartphone market
- Digitimes Research: Shipments of 64-bit application processors to grow fast in 2H14
- Asustek expects to ship nearly 8 million ZenPhones in 2014
- LED driver IC vendors look to flat performance in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: China small- to medium-size panel shipments to increase 12.9% in 2H14
- Cree to invest in Lextar Electronics
- Pre-October 1 holiday orders to be moderate, say Taiwan-based IC vendors
- Three-quarters of high resolution smartphone LCDs will ship to Apple and China vendors, says DisplaySearch
- PC outlook improves, although shipments are still expected to fall 3.7% in 2014, says IDC
- UMC makes investments in Fujitsu Semiconductor subsidiary
- Taiwan market: CHT, TWM, FET offer 4G pricing with unlimited use
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...