- Headset maker Merry posts record high revenues for November
- Google intends to set compliance standards for Android-based in-car platforms
- TPK November revenues up over 30% sequentially
- China releases TD-LTE licenses
- Upstream supply chain to see strong orders for Xbox One and PS4 components in 1Q14
- China-based touch panel makers expanding capacities
- Automobile board maker Chin-Poon to operate at over 90% of capacity in 4Q13
- TSMC to see strong rebound in 2Q14, says report
- Hermes Microvision shipping e-beam inspection tools for 1Xnm processes
- China TV panel self-sufficiency rate expected to exceed 40% in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Pegatron lands China white-box tablet orders through Intel
- NAND flash suppliers to cut production to stabilize chip prices
- Sapphire ingot supplier Acme to return to profitability in 4Q13
- Global 2013 semiconductor revenues to rise 5.2%, says Gartner
- Worldwide server market revenues decline 3.7% in 3Q13, says IDC
- Lite-On Tech reports increase in November revenues
- IC vendor Parade reports strong sales for November
- Global chip sales up 7% in October 2013, says SIA
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Toshiba to acquire assets of OCZ for US$35 million
- Movea, Nuvoton team up to deliver motion-enabled embedded controllers for Windows 8.1 and Android devices
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom aims at 300,000 4G users by end of 2014
- BlackBerry may replace core hardware devices business with software services
- Memory backend service firms likely to scale down capex for 2014
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
Disappointing sales of high-end smartphones and other unfavorable factors have discouraged PCB makers...
Win Semiconductors was named the world's top pure-play gallium arsenide (GaAs) IC foundry in 2009,...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...