- TCL sees smartphone shipments decline nearly 13% on year in May
- SAS yet to see China demand rebound
- Egistec seeing strong fingerprint sensor orders through end-2016
- IC design houses allocating 28/40nm orders to UMC, SMIC
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Display AMOLED shipments to increase to 560 million units in 2019
- LTE Cat-M1, LTE Cat-NB1 to become mainstream IoT technology, says Qualcomm
- Robot maker Hiwin looks to strong performance in 3Q16
- Flexium expects sales rebound in July
- Fingerprint sensor startup raises nearly NT$200 million
- Commentary: Samsung Display to continue dominating AMOLED market until 2H17
- HTC to start marketing Vive via retail shops in Japan
- TSEC raises capital
- MediaTek launches Helio X20 development board
- AMD, Nvidia next-generation graphics card competition to begin earlier
- Innolux constructing 8.6G LCD fab
- Quanta to launch 360-degree VR add-on camera
- Solartech to expand PV module capacity
- Taiwan sets 2025 target renewable energy installation capacity at 27.423GW
- Gigastorage expects solar-grade silicon wafer operations to turn profitable in 1Q17
- China makers count on government subsidies for profits, says report
- China market: Subor Electronics teams up with AMD to develop VR gaming chip, says report
- Analog IC firm On-Bright to post growth through 3Q16
- Taiwan market: Commtiva to market Sharp smartphones starting July
- ASE seeing better sales in 2H16
- Global panel supply in 3Q16 likely to be tight, says WitsView
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...