- Headset maker Merry posts record high revenues for November
- Google intends to set compliance standards for Android-based in-car platforms
- TPK November revenues up over 30% sequentially
- China releases TD-LTE licenses
- Upstream supply chain to see strong orders for Xbox One and PS4 components in 1Q14
- China-based touch panel makers expanding capacities
- Automobile board maker Chin-Poon to operate at over 90% of capacity in 4Q13
- TSMC to see strong rebound in 2Q14, says report
- Hermes Microvision shipping e-beam inspection tools for 1Xnm processes
- China TV panel self-sufficiency rate expected to exceed 40% in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Pegatron lands China white-box tablet orders through Intel
- NAND flash suppliers to cut production to stabilize chip prices
- Sapphire ingot supplier Acme to return to profitability in 4Q13
- Global 2013 semiconductor revenues to rise 5.2%, says Gartner
- Worldwide server market revenues decline 3.7% in 3Q13, says IDC
- Lite-On Tech reports increase in November revenues
- IC vendor Parade reports strong sales for November
- Global chip sales up 7% in October 2013, says SIA
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Toshiba to acquire assets of OCZ for US$35 million
- Movea, Nuvoton team up to deliver motion-enabled embedded controllers for Windows 8.1 and Android devices
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom aims at 300,000 4G users by end of 2014
- BlackBerry may replace core hardware devices business with software services
- Memory backend service firms likely to scale down capex for 2014
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...