- Ability Opto-Electronics sees earnings improve significantly in 2016
- HTC aims high while LG look low in India smartphone market
- AMD to release Ryzen in March with initial shipments to top 1 million
- UMC to pay NT$0.50 cash dividend for 2016
- Epistar to produce VCSELs
- Asustek likely to unveil new 2-in-1 model at MWC 2017
- GPU shipments total 100 million in 4Q16, says John Peddie
- Elan expects to post 6-9% decrease in 1Q17 revenues
- Taiwan approves Dynami Vision acquisition of Macquarie APTT Management
- Harvatek showcases transparent LED display at Smart City Summit & Expo 2017
- North American semiconductor equipment industry posts US$1.86 billion in January billings
- PTI to deal out cash dividend of NT$4 for 2016
- Diode maker Eris to hand out NT$3.46 in dividends for 2016
- Intel pushing new 5G chip
- LG Display may become supplier to Samsung
- AUO undaunted by China competition, says chairman
- Xiaomi likely to unveil in-house developed CPUs on February 28
- Panasonic, Sharp capitalize on JCM to export PV modules, says report
- TPV to set up LCD TV factory in China, says paper
- TPK to quit touch panel production for Apple Watch, say sources
- Foxconn chairman pledges shares for loans
- MediaTek gross margin unlikely to recover
- Samsung launches 10nm Exynos 9-series processor
- Globalfoundries announces availability of 45nm RF SOI to advance 5G mobile communications
- MediaTek-Richtek deal probed for possible insider trading
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...