- Acer becomes candidate supplier for China procurement orders
- China turns out 18.0GWp of solar-grade silicon wafers in 1H14, says CPIA
- Taiwan TV panel makers see orders surge as China vendors slash TV prices
- TSMC confident of keeping global market share of over 80% for 28nm processes in 2015, says CFO
- MediaTek and Opera Software partner to extend consumer data plans
- Sharp adjusts output at Kameyama fab to meet China handset demand, says report
- Semi material distributors Topco, Wah Lee brace for strong sales in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan panel makers plan to further develop on-cell touch for large-size applications
- China market: Leading smartphone vendors beefing up retail, online marketing
- Spansion inks cross licensing agreement with Winbond
- Global solar cell demand in 2014 estimated at 40GWp, say Taiwan makers
- Mid-range handset sales spur HD panel demand
- China to ban sale and export of 60W incandescent bulbs, says paper
- PCB makers to see HDI board lines at full capacity till year-end 2014
- CSOT holds opening ceremony for new 6G LTPS facilities
- Asustek aiming to achieve 15% on-year PC shipment growth
- Digitimes Research: Mobile DRAM bit growth rate to top 37.5% in 2H14
- Pegatron component subsidiary Asuspower to acquire equipment
- China-based handset vendors unlikely to launch Android One smartphones
- China market: CNY500 4G smartphones expected to be launched by end of 2014, says China Mobile Device president
- Over 70% of China-based polysilicon makers unable to resume production
- Global semiconductor market expects over 3% on-year growth in 2015, says MIC
- Worldwide smartwatch and wristband market poised for takeoff, says Gartner
- Major Asia-Pacific markets have 60% of global solar PV demand in 2H14, says Solarbuzz
- Government ID, payment and SIM applications account for 87% of all smart card shipments, says ABI Research
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...