- IC design houses gearing up for 64-bit smartphone boom
- 14nm process to bring healthy competition among foundries: Q&A with Globalfoundries senior VP Chuck Fox
- ITRI, Netherlands-based TNO to jointly set up 3D printing R&D platform
- US finalizes anti-dumping tariffs on Taiwan-made solar cells
- Japan Display benefiting from booming sales of large-screen Huawei smartphones
- Wintek to lay off 2,360 more workers this week
- Foxconn IT shopping mall in Taipei to open in March 2015
- Taiwan market: Global Mobile allowed to upgrade to WiMAX 2.1
- Arbor Technology partners with mTouche to tap Malaysia market
- Acer CEO to be future chairman, says Shih
- India green IT and sustainability spending to reach US$34 billion in 2014, says Gartner
- Firefox-based smartphones to enter Africa in 2015
- Asustek tops Taiwan-based global brands in 2014, says MOEA
- Prices for 32-inch TV panels rising, say Taiwan makers
- LCD TV shipments to rebound in 2015; Samsung and LG to hold over 40% share, says WitsView
- Digitimes Research: ZigBee to unveil ZigBee 3.0 standard to take on Thread
- SMIC Shenzhen 8-inch fab goes into operation
- Digitimes Research: Global LED light bulb shipments in 2015 to reach 1.81 billion units
- TSMC chairman disagrees with Alibaba chairman on lack of entrepreneurs in Taiwan
- Some IC design houses look to brisk sales in 1Q15
- Epistar expects December revenues to grow sequentially
- Taiwan market: China-based MLS to wage LED lighting price war
- Thin clients emerge unscathed from the battle with PCs in EMEA, says IDC
- Microsoft rumored to make head-worn gaming device in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Average digital camera price in 5 main markets in December rises to US$366
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...