- Apple to become largest client for TSMC, say sources
- Sony increases production capacity for stacked CMOS image sensors
- Digitimes Research: CSOT to see increased influence in AMOLED industry
- LCD monitor panel prices rise on tight supply, say Taiwan makers
- Vendors partner with Wintel to release US$199-249 notebooks for 2H14
- Chassis makers doubtful about rumors Samsung to release metal chassis smartphone
- Digitimes Research: Xiaomi to see slower growth in smartphone shipments in China market
- STB revenues post best year ever in 2013, says IHS
- Peak season TV demand expected to be flat on year
- Taiwan June manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- North America semiconductor equipment industry posts book-to-bill ratio of 1.09 in June, says SEMI
- China market: Xiaomi launches new flagship smartphone
- Apple new iPhones to come with different time tables to avoid competition
- Microsoft facing increased competition from MacBooks and Chromebooks, say Taiwan makers
- Investment in production of N-type monocrystalline solar cells may take off in 2-3 years
- Domestic suppliers dominate China solar inverter market as demand doubles, says IHS
- Digitimes Research: Optical-use sapphire demand to reach 12.44 million mm of 2-inch equivalents in 2014
- Innolux, AUO facing competition from South Korea-based Ultra HD TV makers in China
- Taiwan makers can tolerate 15-20% US anti-dumping rates for PV modules
- Unity Opto expected to ship 20 million LED light bulbs in 2014, says paper
- Taiwan Polysilicon may be unable to obtain syndicated loan
- Global UHD TV shipments may reach 20 million units in 2014, say Taiwan makers
- Han's Laser and Goodfeel to attend Touch Taiwan 2014
- TCAS 2014: BenQ to promote short-distance projectors
- Samsung reportedly suffering from infighting; may impact upcoming smartphone plans, says report
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...