- Decreasing sales of iPhone, iPad, iMac products cause to first annual decline for Apple
- Corning net income rises 34% on year in 3Q16
- UMC 14nm FinFET ready for production in 2Q17
- Component shortages putting pressure on smartphone players
- Nanya 3Q16 profits jump; Inotera turns profitable
- PC demand to enjoy growth thanks to new processors from AMD and Intel
- Epileds and High Power Lighting cooperate to offer UV-C LED products
- UMC 28nm technology accounts for 21% of 3Q16 revenues
- China market: Xiaomi unveils 2 flagship smartphones
- Acer pushing new projects, says CEO
- Microsoft to partner with Changhua government to push cloud for education
- KYEC posts another quarter of record profits
- Micro LED technology stands 50% chance of success, says EOSRL head
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 309 million small- to mid-size panels in 3Q16
- Lextar developing human-centric lighting with Europe vendors
- HTC losses narrow for 3Q16
- Demand for handset-use panels to remain strong until end of 2016
- Nichia accuses HTC Japan-based subsidiary of infringing on white LED patents
- Black Cattle Food sets up 6G AMOLED factory in China
- MLCC maker Walsin sees earnings up in 3Q16
- CIS module maker Asia Tech Image reports strong earnings for 3Q16
- VIA Technologies reports decreased profits for 3Q16
- Taiwan market: PChome InterPay launches mobile 3rd-party e-payment services
- Phison reports strong pre-tax earnings for 3Q16
- Alchip to set up subsidiary in Hefei
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...