- Fab tool book-to-bill slips
- Wireless charging to become major feature in mobile devices
- Micron to acquire Cando plant
- Asustek to raise UK PC prices by 9% in October
- Rebound in notebooks in Western Europe boosted PC shipments in EMEA in 2Q16, says IDC
- Pegatron sees weak 2Q16; expected to have strong 3Q16, says paper
- Digitimes Research: MWC Shanghai focuses on smart services
- Vendors to launch smartphones supporting biometrics recognition
- China market: Oppo raises 2016 smartphone shipment target to 100 million units, says paper
- Oculus tying up with Asustek to promote Rift, says paper
- Wah Hong Industrial to start Cd-free QDEF production in 4Q16
- Innolux cooperates with Next Biometrics to develop flexible fingerprint sensor
- Worldwide semiconductor capital spending to drop 0.7% in 2016, says Gartner
- PMOLED more competitive than AMOLED for small-size panels, says RiTdisplay chairman
- Taiwan market: Asia Pacific Telecom to introduce Pepper into local market
- Epistar hikes prices for large-size LED chips due to higher DLC standards
- Latin America on track to install 2.7GW of solar-PV capacity in 2016, IHS says
- ASML expects to post record sales for 2016
- Corning unveils Gorilla Glass 5
- Digitimes Research: Technology remains key to MediaTek growth
- Adlink-invested measurement product firm JYTek to push into China, says paper
- Silicon Motion raises 2016 revenue outlook
- Taiwan June manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- Ardentec to buy 75% stake in Giga
- Gudeng lands wafer carrier orders from SMIC, says paper
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...