- Taiwan solar cell makers hike August quotes to US$0.31/W
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments decline over 10% in 2Q15
- AUO developing ALCD TV panels
- Taiwan supply chain makers expect ODM orders for Windows 10 smartphones
- Worldwide smartphone market posts 11.6% increase in 2Q15, says IDC
- 4G phone chip prices to fall 50% in 1 year
- Commentary: China notebook ODMs set to ramp up shipments
- Everlight dismisses Nichia patent claims
- China on-grid PV installation capacity reaches 6.32GWp in areas covered by major networks in 1H15
- Semi material distributor Topco positive about silicone business
- OmniVision stockholders approve sale of company to China investors
- Intel to adopt Skylake CPUs in NUC and Compute Stick solutions
- Nichia obtains 2 white LED patents from EPO, enhances patent infringement charge against Everlight Electronics
- Macronix reports another quarter of losses
- China produces over 760 million handsets in 1H15, says MIIT
- Insufficient on-grid capacity hinders development of PV power generation in China
- China to approve pilot PV power-generating stations with 2-3GWp annual installation capacity
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone shipments by China vendors grow at moderate pace in 2Q15
- Epistar licenses LED filament patent to China-based Leedarson Lighting
- LG reports 2Q15 revenues
- LG to invest US$900 million to construct new OLED facilities
- LED prices in 3Q15 expected to be stable
- Taiwan market: ViewSonic to establish online shopping website
- Asustek CFO David Cheng dies
- Toshiba develops 2 new process technologies for MCUs, wireless ICs
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
The Cortex-A72 processor is ARM's highest-performance and most advanced processor. Based on the ARMv8-A...
Networking is a hot topic these days, whether it is connecting all devices in the Internet of Things...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...