- Apple sets up first R&D center in China
- NXP establishing security standards for smart cars in China
- Analog IC firm Leadtrend grows shipments for mobile devices
- Telecommunications and automotive players form 5G Automotive Association
- Kingston affiliate buys 70% of Innostor
- Wistron NeWeb to post strong sales in 3Q16, says paper
- Sharp buys back office building in Japan
- IC design house ITE Tech looks to 12-15% sequential growth in 3Q16 revenues
- Digitimes Research: Global average LTE-based data transfer speed rises unnoticeable
- China market: Xiaomi launches Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi TV 3s
- JDI may release shares to Sharp, says paper
- Nvidia CEO denies competing with partnering graphics vendors with Founder Edition
- Apple increasing part and component orders for iPhone 7, say touch panel makers
- Lithium battery makers demand price rise due to shortages
- Potential of wireless charging technology: Q&A with WPC chairman Menno Treffers
- Rising notebook demand causing shortages in many components
- Taiwan 2Q16 TFT-LCD production value up on quarter, down on year, says PIDA
- SES-imagotag to acquire Pervasive Displays
- Taiwan market: Lite-On Technology to supply over 150,000 LED street lamps
- Fast-charging chip business booming, say IC vendors
- Taiwan market: Online advertising services in 1H16 valued at over NT$11 billion, says DMA
- Foxconn subsidiary increases investment in mobile service company Mango
- Taiwan IC distributors 4Q16 sales to increase
- Leading-edge leads the way in pure-play foundry growth, says IC Insights
- TSMC orders equipment for NT$2.32 billion
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...