- China foundries planning FD-SOI process technology
- Foxconn subscribes to Lytro fund-raising project, says paper
- CHT ties up with NTT, Itochu to develop hardware specifications for SDN/NFV equipment
- Digitimes Research: January shipments of Wintel notebooks down on month, up on year
- Samsung unveils a new line of smart appliances at Samsung SEAO Forum 2017
- Equipment maker Foxsemicon to post record EPS for 2016
- Taipei City Government opens PV power-generating station on restored landfill site
- Eight-inch fabs operating at full capacity
- UltraChip posts 2016 EPS of NT$2.28
- Xintec swings to loss for 2016
- Leadtek Research steps into health care devices
- Digitimes Research: ADAS expected to become mainstream car-driving safety system
- Digitimes Research: NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, SoftBank step into power supply
- Philips Lighting boosting CityTouch
- VIS posts record 2016 profit
- AUO opens rooftop PV system in southern Taiwan
- MediaTek to lag in 10nm-chip race, says paper
- Coretronic nets NT$4.52 per share for 2016
- TPK Holding suffers net loss per share of NT$4.27 for 2016
- Taiwan has 4 graphics card vendors among global top-5 in 2016
- Notebook industry facing a crisis, says Wistron chairman
- Taiwan large-size LCD panel shipments top 60 million in 4Q16
- Asustek expects sequential drop in 1Q17 revenues
- Delta Electronics announces deal with Thailand associate
- Tight LED chip supply due to robust demand for lighting, fine pixel pitch displays
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...