- IC design houses gearing up for 64-bit smartphone boom
- 14nm process to bring healthy competition among foundries: Q&A with Globalfoundries senior VP Chuck Fox
- ITRI, Netherlands-based TNO to jointly set up 3D printing R&D platform
- US finalizes anti-dumping tariffs on Taiwan-made solar cells
- Japan Display benefiting from booming sales of large-screen Huawei smartphones
- Wintek to lay off 2,360 more workers this week
- Foxconn IT shopping mall in Taipei to open in March 2015
- Taiwan market: Global Mobile allowed to upgrade to WiMAX 2.1
- Arbor Technology partners with mTouche to tap Malaysia market
- Acer CEO to be future chairman, says Shih
- India green IT and sustainability spending to reach US$34 billion in 2014, says Gartner
- Firefox-based smartphones to enter Africa in 2015
- Asustek tops Taiwan-based global brands in 2014, says MOEA
- Prices for 32-inch TV panels rising, say Taiwan makers
- LCD TV shipments to rebound in 2015; Samsung and LG to hold over 40% share, says WitsView
- Digitimes Research: ZigBee to unveil ZigBee 3.0 standard to take on Thread
- SMIC Shenzhen 8-inch fab goes into operation
- Digitimes Research: Global LED light bulb shipments in 2015 to reach 1.81 billion units
- TSMC chairman disagrees with Alibaba chairman on lack of entrepreneurs in Taiwan
- Some IC design houses look to brisk sales in 1Q15
- Epistar expects December revenues to grow sequentially
- Taiwan market: China-based MLS to wage LED lighting price war
- Thin clients emerge unscathed from the battle with PCs in EMEA, says IDC
- Microsoft rumored to make head-worn gaming device in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Average digital camera price in 5 main markets in December rises to US$366
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...