- Compatibility, efficiency crucial to wireless charging market: Q&A with Mark Hunsicker, senior director of wireless power solutions at Qualcomm
- Panel makers aim to secure orders from Motorola
- TPV likely to shift panel orders to CEC Panda
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, Apple, LG rank as top-3 smartphone vendors in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers will ship over 24 million handsets in 4Q14
- Falling LED bulb prices put pressure on LED driver IC firms
- China market: Mobile gaming revenues over CNY7.2 billion in 3Q14, says Analysys
- Intel decides to keep tablet subsidies, say sources
- On-cell smartphone and tablet shipments picking up due to orders from Motorola, Nokia
- Revenues from energy efficient buildings in Europe expected to reach US$109 billion annually by 2023, says firm
- TWM expects to reach 1.0 million 4G users at end of 2014, says president
- China market: B2B e-commerce trades in 3Q14 valued at CNY4.85 billion, says Analysys
- IBM, Cisco leading in smart city technology developments, says Navigant
- China and US boost worldwide industrial semiconductor market in 2014, says IHS
- Asia Neo Tech expects sales growth in 4Q14
- China IC design houses expand presence in touch IC and fingerprint sensor markets
- Touch panel pricing to drop to US$1 per inch
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD driver IC revenues to rise 6% in 2014
- Win Win Precision cooperates with vendor to market HeatCap in Japan
- Acer to launch convertible touch-screen Chromebook in 1H15
- Monocrystalline solar cell prices may fall in 4Q14, say Taiwan makers
- Xiaomi to launch smart home device soon
- Interactive whiteboards and interactive flat panel displays reach 440,000 in sales in 3Q14, says Futuresource
- Taiwan October unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
- TSMC to offer InFO packaging for 16nm chips in 2016, says paper
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...