- HTC seeks to spin off VR business
- Fab toolmakers seeing significant 12-inch fab expansion in China
- Quanta to launch 360-degree VR add-on camera
- Samsung, Huawei reportedly lowering smartphone shipment targets for 3Q16
- Solartech to expand PV module capacity
- Compal aims at revenue proportion of 35% for non-notebook products in 2016
- Intel to initialize 3rd wave of layoffs that could affect Taiwan suppliers
- Innolux constructing 8.6G LCD fab
- ASE, SPIL vow to execute joint share-swap deal
- Sony to ship 9 million PS VR headsets in 2016, says paper
- SMIC to buy 70% of LFoundry
- Taiwan sets 2025 target renewable energy installation capacity at 27.423GW
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Display, LG Display to keep expanding AMOLED capacities
- Gigastorage expects solar-grade silicon wafer operations to turn profitable in 1Q17
- MediaTek rolls out 4G solutions for vehicle recorder market
- Apple developing Micro LED panels for Apple Watch, say Taiwan makers
- Neo Solar Power unveils 3 high-efficiency solar cell models
- Foxconn chairman expects channel retail business to grow strongly in 1 year
- Everlight plays down impact of Japan patent infringement ruling
- CPT at full capacity with order visibility through 3Q16, says president
- Canadian Solar, Flextronics to jointly set up PV module factory in Brazil, says Absolar
- Healthcare providers in Middle East and North Africa to spend US$2.78 billion on IT in 2016, says Gartner
- Meaningful use cases help spur spending on IoT in CEE, says IDC
- Acer, Starbreeze to set up JV for VR head-mounted displays
- Lite-On Technology expects growth for 2Q16
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...