- Be the first to comment
- Niching 2014 profits hit 3-year high
- Sony Mobile aims to ship 38 million smartphones in FY2015, say sources
- Foundry chipmaker Powerchip developing SoC for IoT
- UMC snatches high-end 28nm chip orders from TSMC clients
- Epistar to start production of integrated power drivers based on Si substrates
- Motherboard players unlikely to achieve shipment targets for 2015
- Inventec to build server plants in Southeast Asia and Japan, says chairman
- Samsung Display looking to revamp OLED TV panel production, says report
- Foxconn nets NT$8.85 per share for 2014
- Lenovo plans to launch smartphones in Japan, says paper
- Taiwan market: Gogoro to launch Smartscooter in summer 2015
- China PV makers expect demand to rebound in 2Q15
- IC distributor ANStek revenues and profits climb to 3-year highs
- Toshiba in talks to sell large stake of Egypt-based TV manufacturing facilities, says report
- Asustek to add fingerprint ID function to ZenFone in 2H15, says paper
- IHS comments on Intel potential acquisition of Altera
- CPT reports decline for 2014 performance
- Giga Solar Materials to deal out 2014 dividend of NT$15.00
- UMC begins construction of 12-inch fab in Xiamen
- Taiwan market: Bidding for new 4G band units to be less intense, says TWM president
- Supply chains shifting strategy due to weak notebook and tablet demand in Europe
- Taiwan university develops silicon slurry recycling process
- China-based MLS expects 2015 LED lighting revenues from US to hike 5-10 fold
- Unity Opto Technology sees booming orders for LED lighting
- Quanta sees growth of 5.2% in 2014 revenues
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...