Posted on Feb 5, 21:29OLED is the best performing tech currently applicable to small devices. lack of a high yield/low cost manufacturing process has been the problem. higher res, faster response, richer colors, low power, smaller form, cheaper materials (indium for LCDs, lol)
Posted on Jul 17, 08:41I agree. I'd rather seem the same sort of LED screen as in the iPad. Include GPS and a camera, and I'd buy one in an instant.
Posted on Jul 14, 08:01OLED in iPad is ridiculous. The IPS screens Apple currently uses are better and cheaper and available in larger supply. OLED has succeeded as a buzzword only. Apple doesn't sell on spec sheets.
Posted on Jul 13, 23:25A pocketable 5.6-inch iPad would be great, but even better is a pocketable 5.6-inch Mac. Not for heavy work on it, but for Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- CFast memory duplicator: Meet the best solution
- Leveraging experience in integrating power and ICT systems, Tatung aims to expand presence in micro grid industry
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Dual-OS tablets becoming popular in white-box market, but Google GMS remains an obstacle
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP suppliers looking to offload inventory to tablet market
- Commentary: Why smart thermostats have a limited market in China
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Apple has announced to release its Apple Watch and new 12-inch ultra-thin MacBook in April 2015 and has upgraded its MacBook Pro and Air products.
Windows 10 and Intel's Skylake processors are expected to have limited affect on boosting consumer demand for PC in the second half of 2015
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...