- Be the first to comment
- Worldwide smartphone shipments increase 25.2% in 3Q14, tablet shipments increase 11.5%, says IDC
- Innolux to continue to invest in a-Si and IGZO technologies, says chairman
- LCD TV sales expected to reach 5 million during holiday period in North America
- MLS, Unity Opto expand LED lighting capacities
- ASE nets NT$1.98 per share for January-September
- More notebook brands shifting focus to gaming models, say sources
- Digitimes Research: Skylake processor delay to weaken Windows 10 notebook demand
- EU mulling anti-circumvention measures on Asia solar exports, says report
- Ultra HD TV shipments to reach 30 million in 2015, says Innolux
- Hermes Microvision posts January-September net EPS of NT$25.13
- Walton, Powertech to see slight drops in 4Q14 revenues
- Contrel invests in PSS production using soft mask photolithography
- Taiwan market: BenQ aims to sell 20,000 curved Full HD WCG TVs in 2015; Ultra HD TV penetration to reach 5%
- Macronix posts net losses of NT$1.1 billion for 3Q14
- Taiwan ODMs, component makers eye orders from China mid-range, high-end smartphone vendors
- Majority of Ultra HD panels shipped in 4Q14 to be low-price 50-inch models
- Commentary: Calculating the cost of GamerGate, many losers, 2 potential big winners
- Inspection service company Sporton reports strong performance for 3Q14
- Project Ara modularized smartphone to enter commercial production in 2015
- Coretronic expects 4Q14 BLU shipments to drop slightly
- Delta Electronics 3Q14 net profit hits record
- Quanta said to be main supplier of Google Project Ara
- MOEA conditionally approves Sanan Optoelectronics stake in Epistar
- Flip Chip technology expected to be used in more LED TVs released in 2015
- China September polysilicon imports hit record, says CNIA
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...