Bits + chips | Jul 22, 14:41
North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted a book-to-bill ratio of 1.00 in June, down from 1.09 in May, according to SEMI.
Bits + chips | Jul 22, 14:08
More mobile devices are expected to feature wireless charging which will stimulate demand for related analog ICs and protective components, according to industry...
Bits + chips | Jul 22, 11:50
Innolux has cooperated with Norway-based Next Biometrics Group ASA to develop the world's first flexible fingerprint sensor based on Next's active thermal...
IT + CE | Jul 21, 12:22
With the depreciation of the British pound because of the Brexit vote, Asustek has decided to raise prices in the UK by 9% in October, while Acer still has not yet reached a final decision. Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Dell both recently announced they will increase PC prices in the UK by 9-10%.
MSI becomes the largest gaming notebook vendor worldwide, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 22, 15:27
Wistron slightly reduces 2015 dividend
Stockwatch | Jul 22, 15:19
Samsung invests in China-based BYD
Jul 22, 14:54
Worldwide smartwatch market experiences first decline as shipments fall 32% in 2Q16, says IDC
Jul 22, 12:38
Foxconn-incubated Ceewa launches sports drone
Jul 22, 12:03
ChinaJoy 2016 to take place in Shanghai
Jul 22, 11:26
Asustek to elect new directors and supervisors
Jul 21, 15:56
HTC to partner with HP and launch Vive branded PCs
Jul 21, 15:53
Taiwan market: Taiwan Taxi introduces Gama Pay mobile e-payment services
Jul 21, 15:32
Panasonic to enter robot control industry
Jul 21, 12:39
Taiwan market: Asia Pacific Telecom to introduce Pepper into local market
Newswatch | Jul 21, 12:29
Software solution provider GrandTech reports increased earnings for 2Q16
Stockwatch | Jul 20, 21:45
Wistron to see notebook shipments grow 6-9% on quarter in 3Q16
Newswatch | Jul 20, 15:35
IPC maker Parpro expected to see strong contribution from aerospace and military businesses in 2017, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 20, 15:34
Asus Foundation donates computers to Guatemala schools, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 20, 15:30
VIA joins 3rd-party payment market in Taiwan, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 19, 16:12
Acer, Asustek see small impact from Turkey coup, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 19, 15:57
BYD eyes Huawei 2-in-1 device orders
Jul 19, 15:54
Hinge makers see increasing demand for MIM-made hinges
Jul 19, 15:49
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
- Brexit after-effect
With the UK deciding to leave EU, many effects are expected to impact the UK market.
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
Sharp to roll out new smartphone utilizing MediaTek 10-core chip, says report
Newswatch | Jul 22, 11:52
TWM to cooperate with Nokia in 5G
Jul 21, 21:09
China Mobile 4G user base tops 428 million
Jul 21, 15:29
HTC to participate in US-sponsored AWRI program
Jul 20, 14:13
Digitimes Research: SoftBank chairman overoptimistic about benefits from acquiring ARM
Jul 20, 12:40
HTC to hold 3Q16 investors conference on August 2
Newswatch | Jul 19, 22:32
Merry to form investment partnership with Luxshare via Suzhou subsidiary
Jul 19, 15:59
Gudeng lands wafer carrier orders from SMIC, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 22, 16:06
Sensor sales keep hitting new records but price erosion curbs growth, says IC Insights
Jul 22, 15:10
Taiwan June unemployment rate up, says DGBAS
Jul 22, 10:57
Micron to acquire Cando plant
Jul 21, 22:11
Worldwide semiconductor capital spending to drop 0.7% in 2016, says Gartner
Jul 21, 21:12
Spreadtrum LTE chipset adopted for Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.0
Jul 21, 21:06
Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$5.5 billion in January-June, says MOEA
Jul 21, 12:31
STATS ChipPAC performing below expectations, says report
Jul 21, 12:20
ASML expects to post record sales for 2016
Jul 21, 12:13
Chilisin 2016 EPS to reach NT$5.50-5.80
Stockwatch | Jul 21, 12:11
TSMC spends NT$2.2 billion on equipment
Stockwatch | Jul 21, 12:09
Digitimes Research: Technology remains key to MediaTek growth
Jul 20, 21:04
Taiwan June export order value up on month, down on year, says MOEA
Jul 20, 21:01
Passive component maker Mag.Layers sees earnings up in 1H16
Newswatch | Jul 20, 15:31
Commentary: ARM a must for SoftBank in paradigm shift
Jul 20, 12:46
Chip shipments for VR devices to boom
Jul 20, 12:28
Certification service provider IST nets NT$3.31 per share for 1H16
Stockwatch | Jul 20, 12:22
TSMC says no impact from SoftBank ARM acquisition
Jul 19, 21:29
Former Acer executive to helm optical fiber sensor startup
Jul 19, 16:43
Richwave to enjoy record revenues in 3Q16, says report
Newswatch | Jul 19, 15:50
Commentary: Micron losses set to continue
Jul 19, 14:05
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
PMOLED more competitive than AMOLED for small-size panels, says RiTdisplay chairman
Jul 21, 12:36
1H16 global large-size TFT-LCD panel shipments down in volume, up in area on year, says IHS
Jul 21, 12:24
Corning unveils Gorilla Glass 5
Jul 21, 12:06
Tight LCD panel supply for smartphones in July, says Sigmaintell
Jul 20, 12:43
Samsung Electronics boosting use of AMOLED panels
Jul 19, 16:03
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Epistar AlGaInP LED chip order visibility through October, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 22, 15:36
Epistar hikes prices for large-size LED chips due to higher DLC standards
Jul 21, 12:27
Green Energy Technology
- EuroBLECH 2016 reflects trend towards smart manufacturing in sheet metal working
- Advantest rated as Advanced Masks Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG's (AMTC) best supplier 2015 for the second year in a row
- CAYIN to rollout system software upgrade and new product line
- Advantest introduces V93000 wave scale cards for cost-effective testing of current and next-generation RF semiconductors
- Computer-on-modules deliver an ideal solution for Industry 4.0 intelligent automation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...