Two STATS ChipPAC subsidiaries in Taiwan merge
Bits + chips | 6h 36min ago
Win Semi expects to post double-digit growth in 2Q15 sales
Bits + chips | 6h 40min ago
32-inch TV panel pricing expected to drop US$2-3 during late April, says WitsView
Displays | 7h 2min ago
GET to issue 150 million new shares for private placement
Green energy | 7h 4min ago
China March mobile phone user base reaches 1.9 billion, says MIIT
Before Going to Press | 6h 53min ago
China building home-grown DRAM industry, to pose threat to existing leaders in 2017
Before Going to Press | 7h 22min ago
Memory related device suppliers to break into Taiwan top-10 IC design houses in 2015
Before Going to Press | 7h 35min ago
Taiwan market: HTC to introduce mid-range HTC One E9+
Before Going to Press | 7h 36min ago
Huawei Technologies aims at revenues of US$70 billion for 2018
Before Going to Press | 7h 37min ago
IoT to drive semiconductor growth, says TSMC co-CEO
Before Going to Press | 7h 38min ago
Second-tier China LED makers may start price-cut competition
Before Going to Press | 8h 10min ago
Digitimes Research: Taiwan large-size TFT LCD panel shipments to increase 5% in 2Q15
Before Going to Press | 8h 11min ago
Intel to launch quad-core SoFIA LTE chips in 4Q15, say Taiwan makers
Before Going to Press | 8h 11min ago
Over 50% of Philips sales came from green products in 2014
Before Going to Press | 8h 12min ago
Global Sources Electronics debuts UAVs exhibition
Before Going to Press | 8h 13min ago
Hampoo showcases Intel platform-based tablet solutions at Global Sources Electronics
Before Going to Press | 8h 14min ago
Before Going to Press is service provided to paid members of the DIGITIMES English-language website to help you stay one step ahead of the competition. Receive the news before it is even published in Asia.
Every evening in Taiwan, DIGITIMES will provide English snapshots for many of the articles being prepared for the following day's Chinese-language publications. These snapshots provide a brief summary of the latest IT news from Asia as it breaks, or even before it breaks, and is offered exclusively to paid members of the English-language DIGITIMES website.
Members have their say
While many of the snapshots will be developed into full stories the following day, not all snapshots will become full stories. Therefore, we encourage members to vote for the articles that are most important to you, and those snapshots will be given priority when we prepare the full news reports. Full articles will appear on the DIGITIMES English-language website and in the daily newsletter.
We also encourage members to provide us with feedback at snapshots[at]digitimes[dot]com about this service, so that it can be enhanced to best meet your needs.
DIGITIMES is Taiwan's leading provider of IT industry news, and daily content is published Monday to Friday each week.
- Advantest ships 4,000th V93000 semiconductor test system to Taiwanese test house Ardentec
- Indium Corporation's Greg Evans awarded Cheongju City's Businessman Award
- The optimal Tele-Care health care: JBL
- Connected Cars Drive ITS and New Services Boom
- LILIN is presenting the latest IR IP PTZ at Secutech Taipei 2015
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Is Japan losing its influence in global semiconductor market?, asks IC Insights
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...