Contrel invests in PSS production using soft mask photolithography
LED | 3min ago
Taiwan market: BenQ aims to sell 20,000 curved Full HD WCG TVs in 2015; Ultra HD TV penetration to reach 5%
Displays | 12min ago
LCD TV sales expected to reach 5 million during holiday period in North America
Displays | 1h 19min ago
Macronix posts net losses of NT$1.1 billion for 3Q14
Bits + chips | 1h 40min ago
MLS, Unity Opto expand LED lighting capacities
LED | 1h 49min ago
LG Display develops 5.3-inch Full HD LCD panel for smartphones with 0.7mm bezel
Displays | Oct 30, 21:22
ASE nets NT$1.98 per share for January-September
Bits + chips | Oct 30, 21:07
Taiwan ODMs, component makers eye orders from China mid-range, high-end smartphone vendors
Mobile + telecom | Oct 30, 20:04
Hermes Microvision posts January-September net EPS of NT$25.13
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 20:59
Standards committees and industry consortia working through number of video standards to support Ultra HD
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 20:55
TDDI may push down touch IC, LCD driver IC prices in 2015
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 20:00
Innolux expects global Ultra HD TV shipments to reach 30 million in 2015
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:42
Powertech, Walton Advanced expected to see slight sequential drops in 4Q14 revenues
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:36
Innolux capex to reach NT$20 billion in 2014
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:31
Innolux will continue to invest in a-Si and IGZO panel technologies, says chairman
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:30
Digitimes Research: Global top-6 notebook vendors to share 81.7% of 2015 global shipments
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:13
Grand finals of MSI Beat IT 2014 Global to be held in Taipei
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 19:12
HP-Foxconn server joint venture starts competing for data center orders
Before Going to Press | Oct 30, 18:26
Oct 17, 15:46
The global market for broadband consumer premises equipment (CPE) will end 2014 with the highest growth in revenues since 2010, increasing by 20% from 2013 to reach nearly US$11 billion, according to IHS.
- Last Mile to Conquer: Tatung's Bendable Optical Cables Cleverly Resolve Problems Related to Optical Fiber Establishment
- Wilocity showcase WiGig solution for mobile phone
- Conexant debuts AudioSmart software for PCs, tablets
- Edge-Core Networks to showcase next generation cloud networking service with advanced could-based wired and wireless solutions at Computex 2014
- u-blox launches TOBY-L2, the fastest 4G LTE modules with 3G, 2G fallback in the world
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
31-Oct-2014 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Digitimes Research: Enterprise segment to benefit, but PC segment to suffer from HP spin-off
- Digitimes Research: China 4G smartphone demand fails to surge; CoolPad, Lenovo, Xiaomi unlikely to achieve 2014 targets
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
Apple has been pushing iPhone 6 Plus manufacturing in order to satisfy strong demand from the Asia Pacific region.
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Apple has announced its new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch on September 9
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...