GET reportedly to help Motech manage solar-grade wafer production
Green energy | Oct 20, 21:38
Taiwan sees increased September export order value, says MOEA
Bits + chips | Oct 20, 21:03
Corning vehicle display glass gains further attention in the market
Displays | Oct 20, 21:01
Iteq to buy back 10 million shares as treasury stock
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 21:26
Digitimes Research: Global notebook shipments to drop in 4Q14
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 21:25
China has no way to enter DRAM industry, says Inotera chairman
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 21:24
UMC to purchase equipment from Applied materials
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 21:21
Foxlink chairman to quit attempt to acquire Taiwan cable service provider CNS
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:56
China handset camera module makers cut pricing 15-20%
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:42
Intel to stop providing subsidies for mobile solutions; but expected to provide support through different methods
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:28
Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP shipments in China in 3Q14 estimated at 115.1 million units
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:16
Taiwan market: 4G user base to grow to 3.0 million at end of 2014, says CHT chairman
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:15
ASE punished for illegal wastewater discharge
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:13
TV vendors look to upcoming holiday periods for Ultra HD TV development
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:11
Lenovo to set up subsidiary to market second-brand smartphones
Before Going to Press | Oct 20, 20:06
Oct 17, 15:46
The global market for broadband consumer premises equipment (CPE) will end 2014 with the highest growth in revenues since 2010, increasing by 20% from 2013 to reach nearly US$11 billion, according to IHS.
- Last Mile to Conquer: Tatung's Bendable Optical Cables Cleverly Resolve Problems Related to Optical Fiber Establishment
- Wilocity showcase WiGig solution for mobile phone
- Conexant debuts AudioSmart software for PCs, tablets
- Edge-Core Networks to showcase next generation cloud networking service with advanced could-based wired and wireless solutions at Computex 2014
- u-blox launches TOBY-L2, the fastest 4G LTE modules with 3G, 2G fallback in the world
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
21-Oct-2014 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Digitimes Research: Enterprise segment to benefit, but PC segment to suffer from HP spin-off
- Digitimes Research: China 4G smartphone demand fails to surge; CoolPad, Lenovo, Xiaomi unlikely to achieve 2014 targets
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Apple has announced its new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch on September 9
Digitimes president Colley Hwang recently visited India, where he met with key players in the country's handset ecosystem as well as relevant government...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...