The new 4Gb LPDDR2 DRAM can transfer up to 1,066Mbps, which approaches the performance of memory solutions for PC applications. It more than doubles the performance of the industry's previous mobile DRAM, which operates between 333Mbps and 400Mbps.
Samsung will begin sampling 8Gb LPDDR2 DRAM by stacking two 4Gb chips in a single package, as it is expected that 8Gb will become the mainstream density for the mobile DRAM market next year.
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Galaxy S4 to extend Samsung lead in 2013 handset market, says IHS
- Panasonic in talks to sell its handset business, says Japan press
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
HTC has launched its new flagship smartphone in hopes to regain market share
China-based Huawei Technologies has reported handsome profits for 2012.
China-based vendors have been aggressive in rolling out new smartphones.
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
Vitesse Semiconductor has been a major player in the semiconductor industry for the past 28 years,...
China-based Huawei Technologies has always been known for its telecom technologies and equipment, but...
Along with increasing use of smartphones, competition among mobile telecom carriers is changing and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...