Depending on the display, the LEDs in the usual combination of red (623 nm), green (527 nm) and blue (457 nm) also cover more than 125% of the NTSC color gamut. They are suitable for all directly backlit displays, particularly for large formats of 24-inches and more.
The greater brightness of the Advanced Power TopLED Plus comes mainly from the special lens designed for backlighting. At an operating current of 100 mA the LEDs now achieve 14 lm (red), 24 lm (green) and 28 mW/sr (blue). The newly developed lens ensures absolutely uniform display backlighting. The chips used have an edge length of 500 µm and are fabricated in the latest ThinGaN or Thinfilm technology so that the light sources achieve the highest efficiency in their class: 65 lm/W (red), 59 lm/W (green) and 27% overall efficiency (blue).
A life of more than 50,000 hours is also expected and the low height of the LEDs of only 2.25 mm means that the backlighting can be very thin.
Advanced Power TopLED Plus is suitable for all display sizes, with the focus on screen diagonals of 24 inches and more. Projects are already under way with key customers for use in 46-inch monitors. 1200 LEDs are sufficient for this size. Up to now about 600 more LEDs have been needed to produce the same brightness.
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- New publication details ARC Energy's CHES furnace advantages for high-brightness LED production on large diameter sapphire substrates
- Emerging Technologies and Trends in Industrial LCD Panels
- Commentary: High-end LED lighting in demand
- Personal opinion: LED light bulbs are for lazy people
- On-site: 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show, and a cafe
- LED lighting uptake to rise sharply in 2012 and reach 25% by 2014, says a new report from Digitimes Research
- Digitimes Research: LED ceiling lights gain popularity in Japan market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show was held in Taipei, Taiwan, from March 26-29, 2013.
Taiwan's LED industry is optimistc about 2013
Philips, Osram, Genesis Photonics, Opto Tech, Panasonic, Toshiba Lightech and Everlight participate in Lighting Japan 2013.
Taiwan-based LED chipmaker expands capacity and plans to take over Huga Optotech through share swap
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
The LED industry has been growing rapidly in China. Digitimes Research recently visited China-based...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...