Supply chain
Digitimes Research: Global shipments of handset-, tablet-use touch panels in 1Q16 down sequentially
Jen-Chieh Yang, DIGITIMES Research, Taipei

There were an estimated 371.360 million handset-use touch panels and 48.849 million touch panels used in smaller-than 11-inch tablets shipped globally during the first quarter of 2016, decreasing 15.0% and 29.0% respectively on quarter, while the global shipments of 6.836 million notebook-use touch panels in the period increased 0.8%, according to Digitimes Research.

Taiwan-based makers shipped 17.424 million handset-use touch panels, 8.209 million units used in the smaller-than 11-inch tablets and 2.755 million units used in notebooks and 11-inch or larger tablets in the first quarter, respectively slipping 38.3%, 31.3% and 11.9% on quarter, Digitimes Research indicated.

On-Cell models accounted for 36.6% of handset-use touch panels shipped by Taiwan-based makers, film-based capacitive ones for 33.1%, OGS (one glass solution) ones for 21.7% and GG (glass/glass) ones for 8.6%.

Of Taiwan-based makers' shipments of touch panels used in smaller-than 11-inch tablets, 57.3% were of film-based capacitive models, 32.1% of GG ones, 7.9% of On-Cell ones and 2.7% of OGS ones.

Glass-based models took up 96.4% of Taiwan-based makers' shipments of touch panels used in notebooks and 11-inch or larger tablets, with the remaining 3.6% being of film-based ones.

Content from this article was part of a complete Digitimes Research Chinese-language report that has not yet been translated into English. If you are interested in an English version of the report or wish to receive more information about the report, click here to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Digitimes Research also provides quarterly tracking services for market sectors such as China Smartphone, China Smartphone AP, Taiwan ICT and Taiwan FPD. Click here for more information about Digitimes Research Tracking services.

Taiwan LCD monitors – 3Q 2020

Taiwan LCD TVs – 3Q 2020

Taiwan large-size LCD panels – 3Q 2020

Global mobile device shipment forecasts, 2021 and beyond: Smartphones, notebooks and tablets

Outbreak impact: China smartphone and AP shipments

Coronavirus impact special report: Mobile devices

© 2020 DIGITIMES Inc. All rights reserved.
Please do not republish, publicly broadcast or publicly transmit content from this website without written permission from DIGITIMES Inc. Please contact us if you have any questions.