Percentage of 5.5-inch smartphone panels shipped to China increasing
Displays | 4h 6min ago
Touch panel makers see shipments for thin-film touch panels increase
Displays | 5h 56min ago
Mobile payment company Alliance Digital Tech to come online by year-end 2014
Before Going to Press | 4h 18min ago
Leadtek unveils wearable device for healthcare
Before Going to Press | 4h 18min ago
BLU makers Forhouse, BriView complete merger
Before Going to Press | 5h 15min ago
Japan Patent Office to cut examination process to 5 months
Before Going to Press | 5h 16min ago
Digitimes Research: Spotify to affect Japan Internet music service industry
Before Going to Press | 5h 24min ago
iPhone 6 Plus to account for 60% of total iPhone 6 device shipments
Before Going to Press | 5h 25min ago
Digitimes Research: ARM Mali to become mainstream GPU architecture for China APs in 2H14
Before Going to Press | 5h 40min ago
Quanta Changshu plants preparing for Apple Watch mass production
Before Going to Press | 6h 12min ago
Leadframe maker Jih Lin to post EPS of NT$3 in 2014
Before Going to Press | 6h 22min ago
New Wintel platforms may impact 4Q14 PC demand
Before Going to Press | 6h 28min ago
ARM to set up IoT business unit
Before Going to Press | 6h 29min ago
Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom to launch NFC mobile payment services
Before Going to Press | 6h 47min ago
Windows 10 expected to have limited effect on boosting notebook demand
Before Going to Press | 6h 51min ago
Samsung to host Tizen developer conference in China
Before Going to Press | 6h 55min ago
Sep 18, 12:06
MediaTek and Opera Software have jointly announced that Opera Max, a data-savings app for Android phones, will be embedded into MediaTek's LTE SoC (system on chip) solutions. The first two MediaTek SoCs to be shipped with Opera Max are the 64-bit MT6752 and MT6732 chips.
- Digitimes Research: Broadband Internet user bases in ASEAN countries growing fast
- Wilocity showcase WiGig solution for mobile phone
- Conexant debuts AudioSmart software for PCs, tablets
- Edge-Core Networks to showcase next generation cloud networking service with advanced could-based wired and wireless solutions at Computex 2014
- u-blox launches TOBY-L2, the fastest 4G LTE modules with 3G, 2G fallback in the world
- eASPNet joins Alcatel-Lucent ng Connect Program as strategic partner
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
1-Oct-2014 markets closed
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone makers see dropping orders from Amazon, Microsoft Mobile and Facebook in 2014
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors turning to retail and online channels for better profits
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Apple has announced its new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch on September 9
Digitimes president Colley Hwang recently visited India, where he met with key players in the country's handset ecosystem as well as relevant government...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...