China LCD TV vendors plan to procure 27-28 million Taiwan-produced panels in 2015, says CVIA executive
Displays | 1h 16min ago
China April polysilicon imports up 5.8% on month, says CNIA
Green energy | 1h 28min ago
Advantech developing IoT base in northern Taiwan
IT + CE | 2h 14min ago
Avago to buy Broadcom for US$37 billion
Bits + chips | 2h 53min ago
Xilinx working with TSMC on 7nm chips
Bits + chips | 2h 57min ago
Panasonic to add BLU production lines at plants in Mexico and Brazil
Displays | May 28, 21:11
Emerging markets drive worldwide smartphone sales to 19% growth in 1Q15, says Gartner
Mobile + telecom | May 28, 21:05
NXP to sell RF power amplifier unit to JAC Capital for US$1.8 billion
Bits + chips | May 28, 21:02
Digitimes Research: Global smartphone shipments in 2015 to reach 1.368 billion units
Mobile + telecom | May 28, 20:59
Semi-equipment component maker Calitech debuts on Taiwan ESB
Bits + chips | May 28, 20:57
Global TV panel shipments to reach record of 265 million in 2015, says IHS
Before Going to Press | May 28, 22:06
Flat panel display equipment spending forecast to reach US$9 billion in 2015, says IHS
Before Going to Press | May 28, 22:06
China market: Foxconn launches rental electric car service in major cities
Before Going to Press | May 28, 21:01
Kortide to launch Elastos OS-based home-use gateways in China and Taiwan
Before Going to Press | May 28, 20:46
IC demand for PCs remains slow
Before Going to Press | May 28, 20:45
Lextar Electronics expects capacity utilization to rise to 80-90% in 3Q15
Before Going to Press | May 28, 20:44
Taiwan motherboard makers less active in Computex 2015 due to delayed Skaylake
Before Going to Press | May 28, 20:42
Cree representative enters Lextar board of directors
Before Going to Press | May 28, 20:41
May 27, 14:24
A recent ramp-up of orders for 4G smartphone chips will help MediaTek meet the mid-point to high-end of the company's sales guidance for the second quarter of 2015, according to market sources.
- Jorjin launch SimpleLink module solutions for Internet of Everything
- AZUL Design provides integrated services for UI/UX and program design in Asia Pacific
- IoT Gateways Bridge Last Mile Connectivity Gap
- IP-based Communications Build up Smart Factories
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
29-May-2015 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
- Digitimes Research: Samsung to adopt MediaTek APs for smartphones
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP suppliers looking to offload inventory to tablet market
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015, hosted from March 2-5 in Barcelona, Spain gathered mobile device vendors worldwide to showcase their latest mobile...
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...