WD to demonstrate solid state hybrid drive and 5 MM technologies in tablet, thin and light devices at Computex Taipei 2013
Press release [Tuesday 28 May 2013]
IRVINE, Calif. – May 22, 2013 – WD, a Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) company and world leader in storage and connected-life products, today announced that it will demonstrate its solid state hybrid drives (SSHD) and 5 mm ultra-slim hard drive technologies in tablet and other thin-and-light devices at the COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2013 trade event, held in Taiwan from June 4 to June 8, 2013. The innovations will be a part of WD's exhibit showcasing its latest storage technologies and solutions addressing thin-and-light mobile devices, cloud datacenter computing and the connected lifestyle.
At Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall, booth number L0810, WD will demonstrate:
- The world's first ultra-slim 2.5-inch, 5 mm hard drives and SSHDs, which are designed for integration into the slimmest devices and space-constrained computing environments;
- 7 mm form factor drive designs for high-capacity mobile storage;
- Enterprise storage building blocks for the cloud-oriented datacenters, aligning to application performance, capacity, reliability and workload;
- Connected Life Products, revolving around personal cloud storage and software, enabling personal and premium content on multiple screens; and
- WD's "Power of Choice" client hard drive solutions. The four colors – WD Blue, WD Green, WD Black and WD Red – enable customers' easy selection of the best WD drive for their application or usage requirements.
WD, a Western Digital company, is a long-time innovator and storage industry leader. As a storage technology pacesetter, the company produces reliable, high-performance hard disk drives and solid state drives. These drives are deployed by OEMs and integrators in desktop and mobile computers, enterprise computing systems, embedded systems and consumer electronics applications, as well as by the company in providing its own storage products. WD's leading storage devices and systems, networking products, media players and software solutions empower people around the world to easily save, store, protect, share and experience their content on multiple devices. WD was established in 1970 and is headquartered in Irvine, California. For more information, please visit the company's website at http://www.wd.com/.
Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC), Irvine, Calif., is a global provider of products and services that empower people to create, manage, experience and preserve digital content. Its companies design and manufacture storage devices, networking equipment and home entertainment products under the WD, HGST and G-Technology brands. Visit the Investor section of the company's website (http://www.westerndigital.com/) to access a variety of financial and investor information.