Samples of eight Benand products in two capacities, 4Gb and 8Gb, are now available with mass production slated for March 2012.
The ECC has been embedded in the host processor and corrected 1 bit per 512 bytes. However, advances in memory process technology require enhanced error correction; more than 4 bit correction per 512 bytes for NAND flash fabricated with 32nm process. For NAND flash memory without ECC fabricated with 32nm and beyond, the controller in the host processor must be changed to secure the required level of correction.
Benand removes the burden of ECC from the host processor while minimizing protocol changes and allowing host processors to support leading-edge process NAND flash memory in a timely manner. Benand embeds an ECC with an error correction of 4 bit per 512 bytes onto Toshiba's 32nm process SLC NAND flash memory. Package and pin configuration compatibility are assured with general SLC NAND flash, allowing easy replacement of existing products.
Toshiba plans to expand the Benand lineup to include 24nm process NAND flash memory products after summer 2012. Adding SLC embedded NAND flash memory expands the company's line-ups and offers customers more choices, and will support Toshiba's advances in memory business.
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Over 1,700 exhibitors occupying 5,000 booths are showcasing their latest products at one of the world's leading ICT event.
Executives talk about their companies, products and the markets.
Singapore-based Gajah International Pte Ltd (Gajah) has won several Computex 2013 Design and Innovation...
Just before Computex 2013, Digitimes spoke with Jeff Baer, marketing director for Embedded Wireless,...
Jason LS Chen is a vice president in the Sales and Marketing Group at Intel and is responsible for...
Despite being one of the market leaders in the motherboard and graphics card industries, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...