Combining Samsung's new high-performance mSATA SSDs with the latest multi-core processors will help PC manufacturers to substantially improve performance of their ultrabook-class portable PCs up to that of notebook PCs, in meeting ever-increasing consumer needs.
The new Samsung mSATA SSDs will be available in 256, 128 and 64 gigabyte (GB) densities as main storage devices, and also at 32GB for caching. They measure 50.95 x 30 x 3.8 millimeters and weigh a mere eight grams.
The new SSDs will be part of the Samsung PM830 product family that was introduced earlier this year. They make use of Samsung's advanced 20nm class NAND flash memory components which incorporate the toggle DDR interface.
Utilizing high-performance SATA 6Gb/s controllers based on Samsung's own technology, the new mSATA SSDs can operate at sequential read and write speeds of 500 megabytes per second (MB/s) and of 260MB/s respectively, under optimum conditions. This is, more than six times the speed of hard disk drives typically offering a data transfer rate of 80MB/s.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...