Utilizing Anobit's proprietary MSP (Memory Signal Processing) technology, the new Genesis SSDs achieve endurance of 50,000 program/erase (P/E) cycles and performance of up to 70,000/40,000 IOPS random read/write (IOmeter 2006, 4K block size) and 510 MB/s sequential read/write with non-compressible data, using 2xnm MLC NAND.
Anobit's MSP technology is comprised of proprietary signal processing algorithms that compensate for physical limitations of the NAND flash, combined with error correction and flash management schemes, resulting in improvement in endurance, performance and system cost. The MSP technology enables SLC (one bit-per-cell) endurance and performance with MLC (two bits-per-cell) NAND, and MLC endurance and performance with TLC (three bits-per-cell) NAND, resulting in a reduction in cost-per-bit, the vendor said.
The new SSD product offering includes the Genesis-T series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SATA 3.0 compliant SSD and the Genesis-S series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SAS 2.0 compliant SSD, available in 100GB, 200GB and 400GB configurations today, with 800GB and higher capacities to follow.
The new Genesis-T Series and Genesis-S series SSDs are currently sampling at select OEM customers, with volume availability in October, 2011.
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Leadtek to Show Total Cloud Solutions at Computex Taipei 2013
- Clientron to exhibit its latest Zero/Thin Client and POS solutions along with the full product line at Computex Taipei 2013
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...