Utilizing Anobit's proprietary MSP (Memory Signal Processing) technology, the new Genesis SSDs achieve endurance of 50,000 program/erase (P/E) cycles and performance of up to 70,000/40,000 IOPS random read/write (IOmeter 2006, 4K block size) and 510 MB/s sequential read/write with non-compressible data, using 2xnm MLC NAND.
Anobit's MSP technology is comprised of proprietary signal processing algorithms that compensate for physical limitations of the NAND flash, combined with error correction and flash management schemes, resulting in improvement in endurance, performance and system cost. The MSP technology enables SLC (one bit-per-cell) endurance and performance with MLC (two bits-per-cell) NAND, and MLC endurance and performance with TLC (three bits-per-cell) NAND, resulting in a reduction in cost-per-bit, the vendor said.
The new SSD product offering includes the Genesis-T series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SATA 3.0 compliant SSD and the Genesis-S series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SAS 2.0 compliant SSD, available in 100GB, 200GB and 400GB configurations today, with 800GB and higher capacities to follow.
The new Genesis-T Series and Genesis-S series SSDs are currently sampling at select OEM customers, with volume availability in October, 2011.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
- Digitimes Research: Rising mobile device demand drives TSMC, UMC wafer shipment growth in 2Q13
- Digitimes Research: Battery technologies regain focus as energy storage demand rises
- Digitimes Research: LED light bulb prices in Japan fall in April
- Digitimes Research: Sapphire 2-inch substrate prices to be around US$8/unit in 2013
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...