Utilizing Anobit's proprietary MSP (Memory Signal Processing) technology, the new Genesis SSDs achieve endurance of 50,000 program/erase (P/E) cycles and performance of up to 70,000/40,000 IOPS random read/write (IOmeter 2006, 4K block size) and 510 MB/s sequential read/write with non-compressible data, using 2xnm MLC NAND.
Anobit's MSP technology is comprised of proprietary signal processing algorithms that compensate for physical limitations of the NAND flash, combined with error correction and flash management schemes, resulting in improvement in endurance, performance and system cost. The MSP technology enables SLC (one bit-per-cell) endurance and performance with MLC (two bits-per-cell) NAND, and MLC endurance and performance with TLC (three bits-per-cell) NAND, resulting in a reduction in cost-per-bit, the vendor said.
The new SSD product offering includes the Genesis-T series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SATA 3.0 compliant SSD and the Genesis-S series 2.5-inch 6Gb/s SAS 2.0 compliant SSD, available in 100GB, 200GB and 400GB configurations today, with 800GB and higher capacities to follow.
The new Genesis-T Series and Genesis-S series SSDs are currently sampling at select OEM customers, with volume availability in October, 2011.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The Imaging Source: GigE Camera - 5 MegaPixel
- ATO SOLUTION CO., LTD Successfully Design-in Taiwan Tier One ODM DSC Manufacturer
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- ATO Solution to launch 256Mb SLC NAND Flash - for the first time in fabless industry
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments in 1Q13 down sequentially, up on year
- Digitimes Research: Global top-5 notebook brands see over 20% shipment drop in April
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 2Q13 digital camera shipments expected to rebound sequentially
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 1Q13 digital camera shipments hit 16-quarter low
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
- Galaxy S4 to extend Samsung lead in 2013 handset market, says IHS
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the...
As Apple, Google and Microsoft are all expected to release new tablets in near future, smaller tablet brand vendors may have trouble trying to survive...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
As the PC Industry is having trouble achieving growth, transformation has become a new trend among...
China-based Huawei Technologies has always been known for its telecom technologies and equipment, but...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...