The Vertex 3 is the first solution to feature the new SandForce SF-2200 SSD processor, and raises the bar in performance with up to 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write transfer rates, and up to 60,000 IOPS (4k random write), according to the vendor.
The new Vertex 3 SSD series utilizes fast synchronous mode 2Xnm MLC NAND flash technology, according to the company.
Also included in the new series is the enterprise-class Vertex 3 Pro. Featuring the premium SF-2500 SSD SATA3 processor, Vertex 3 Pro SSDs are meant for clients seeking enterprise-grade MLC SSD storage for their server farms and IT infrastructures.
The new Vertex 3 Series will be showcased at the upcoming CeBIT tradeshow in Hanover, Germany, and will begin shipping following the event through OCZ's global channel. Vertex 3 SSDs will be available in capacities of 120GB and 240GB, while the Pro edition comes in 100GB, 200GB, and 400GB models.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...