Provided in 3x3mm packages, the new 3G PAs are designed specifically for UMTS/WCDMA frequency bands.
Built using a BiFET manufacturing process, an integration of InGaP bipolar HBT and GaAs pHEMT technologies, all key features and functional blocks of Epicom's new 3G PA are integrated into a single cost-effective chip while delivering impressive performance.
In comparison to 2G or 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) PAs, 3G PAs require much higher linearity to support high data rate transmission and better power added efficiency (PAE) for longer battery life, Epicom said. The company noted its 3G PAs feature digitally controlled tri-power mode (high, medium, low) operation, and ultra-low quiescent current. The compact form factor includes the required directional coupler and all matching circuits.
In addition to 3x3mm packaged PAs, Epicom also provides these PAs as bare dies to volume SiP module makers for custom module design requirements. Epicom's latest 3G PA engineering samples and EVBs are immediately available per customers' request.
Epicom said it also plans to roll out new PAs for other 3G standards such as TD-SCDMA and CDMA 2000/EV-DO, and 4G standards including LTE and TD-LTE.
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
- Cavendish Kinetics announces RF MEMS technology for improving wireless performance
- Solar trade dispute spreads to wine industry; gets personal
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Strong reaction from China, EU members over solar trade row
Dialog Semiconductor has managed to land solution orders from first-tier smartphone vendors in the...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
Taiwan-based Chimei Group, once a major LCD panel maker, now focuses on providing upstream components...
Eight years ago, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) defined the first carrier class networks and services...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...