EMC collaborated with Samsung to qualify Samsung's new enterprise-class SSDs for EMC's midrange storage portfolio, according to Joel Schwartz, senior VP, Common Storage Platform Operations at EMC.
Samsung started producing its 3.5-inch 100GB and 200GB SSDs in September. By using 40nm-class single-level-cell (SLC) NAND flash chips and a controller that fully utilizes a 3Gb/s SATA interface, the Samsung SSDs process random read commands at 47,000 input/outputs per second (IOPS) and random writes at 29,000 IOPS, compared to a 15K RPM HDD which has an IOPS rate of 350, a 130X and 80X gain respectively in random IOPS read and write performance.
In addition, the new Samsung 200GB SSDs read data sequentially at 260MB/s and write it sequentially at 245MB/s, throughput that maximizes the SATA 3Gb/s interface bus speed.
Samsung claimed it now has the industry's widest range of densities of enterprise SSD products for server and storage applications including 2.5-inch 50, 60, 100 and 120GB SSDs and 3.5-inch 100GB and 200GB SSDs.
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
- Cavendish Kinetics announces RF MEMS technology for improving wireless performance
- Solar trade dispute spreads to wine industry; gets personal
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Strong reaction from China, EU members over solar trade row
Dialog Semiconductor has managed to land solution orders from first-tier smartphone vendors in the...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
Taiwan-based Chimei Group, once a major LCD panel maker, now focuses on providing upstream components...
Eight years ago, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) defined the first carrier class networks and services...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...